New to audio. Building ht ported enclosure.

What is a good program to make a digital model of my enclosure that's free? I've seen everyone talking about sketchup but that's only free for like 30 days or so.

What is a good program to make a digital model of my enclosure that's free? I've seen everyone talking about sketchup but that's only free for like 30 days or so.

for that question you will have to send joe x a message he always includes a digital sketch with his designs, I have never used a mockup program but the re audio website program makes a sketch for you but it always does slot ports

http://www.reaudio.com/box.php

i think torres always figures in everything as a slot port so the math is off with a square port... I think that there is a newer version but I cant find it.... people say there is a slot port tick box but the one I found does not have this option

I mean, I know of some free programs out there but most of them are far too complicated for what I need (Blender). I just don't want to go off and have to buy a $150+ program just for one design, plus I don't really have the money to.

i think torres always figures in everything as a slot port so the math is off with a square port... I think that there is a newer version but I cant find it.... people say there is a slot port tick box but the one I found does not have this option

Yeah, I noticed that too. I saw that mine didn't that check box our whatever.

That's what I was planning on doing. I made a scale drawing of two sides of it (the front and the side that the driver is on) so I could ensure that everything fit properly (it didn't). Thankfully I did that so I didn't have to find out while building.

I've don'e quite a bit of planning but i'm not perfect and by no means do I know really what i'm doing (take the port length problem for instance). I'm just trying to get more eyes on it to make sure i've covered everything. I know what it's supposed to be so i'm more likely to overlook things.

There are two versions of SketchUp, the version I use (and everyone else on here I know of) is free forever. That would be my suggestion.

I'm traveling right now and haven't looked up the specs for your sub. Is it intended as a car audio or home audio sub? Most subs can work differently for either application, but the box specs will be quite a bit different for the two applications.

Also I'd recommend not using that Dayton 1,000 watt plate amp.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Are you planning on using this sub for movies or just music?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived