New to audio. Building ht ported enclosure.

So I need to make sure that all my speakon connections are wired to bridged mode?

Providing you're not dropping below 4 ohms nominal yes, bridge it. If you have 2 ohm loads you will need to run it in stereo. Sorry if I missed that, I only quickly browsed through the thread.

Good info from Triticum.

Posted this before but here it is yet again since it seems appropriate, how to hook that Behringer up and bridge it

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the

video, it helped! So to round the inside corners of a port, do you just glue a piece of wood to the corner with some 45 degree cuts to fit nicely in there?

Thank you for the

video, it helped! So to round the inside corners of a port, do you just glue a piece of wood to the corner with some 45 degree cuts to fit nicely in there?

So I need to make sure that all my speakon connections are wired to bridged mode?

Yeah, you just change it at the connector that goes into the amp. You wire to the +1 and +2 terminals I believe, the info is in the amp manual.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

So can I just get some 12 gauge speaker wire and connect a speakon end to one end (bridged) and the the other end leave as bare wire and use the cup terminal you sent me a link to? Then make sure to turn on the bridged mode in the amp settings and connect to output A?

Yeah, you just change it at the connector that goes into the amp. You wire to the +1 and +2 terminals I believe, the info is in the amp manual.

So I can just get some 12 gauge speaker and connect a speakon connection to one end (bridged) and then leave the other end as bare wire and use that cup terminal that you sent me a link to. Then connect the cable to output A and make sure bridged mode is selected in the amp settings?

So I can just get some 12 gauge speaker and connect a speakon connection to one end (bridged) and then leave the other end as bare wire and use that cup terminal that you sent me a link to. Then connect the cable to output A and make sure bridged mode is selected in the amp settings?

Yup, thats pretty much it. If you want a good place to get speaker wire from, monoprice.com has pure OFC wire for a very reasonable price. Its all I use.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Awesome, thank you for the tip. I think I have one last question. What kind of screws do you suggest to use to mount the sub and terminal in the back?

Since you are using plywood, just regular coarse thread wood/sheet metal screws will work just fine. I usually try to use the largest pan head screw that will fit properly into the basket/gasket. For most subs, that a #10 screw or a #8 for smaller subs. Another option is a socket head wood screw. Those things are like unicorns though, I've heard they exist, but they are damn near impossible to find, at least in the size/length I'd like. Here is what I'm talking about: https://www.parts-express.com/m5-x-30mm-cap-head-wood-screws-black-100-pcs--081-312

Those will work well for what you want to do, I just wish I could find longer ones for going through two layers of wood.

Builds:

Awesome, thank you for the tip. I think I have one last question. What kind of screws do you suggest to use to mount the sub and terminal in the back?

Since you are using plywood, just regular coarse thread wood/sheet metal screws will work just fine. I usually try to use the largest pan head screw that will fit properly into the basket/gasket. For most subs, that a #10 screw or a #8 for smaller subs. Another option is a socket head wood screw. Those things are like unicorns though, I've heard they exist, but they are damn near impossible to find, at least in the size/length I'd like. Here is what I'm talking about: https://www.parts-express.com/m5-x-30mm-cap-head-wood-screws-black-100-pcs--081-312

Those will work well for what you want to do, I just wish I could find longer ones for going through two layers of wood.

So use those for the sub and just use some like 1/4" screws for the cup terminal in the back?

So use those for the sub and just use some like 1/4" screws for the cup terminal in the back?

Yeah, I forgot about those. I just use #6 wood screws.

Builds:

Archived