Second Skin Audio

Best bang for your buck 4" coil woofer to play music with 2500 watts and up

Wagonized

What are your guys opinions of a 4" coil woofer that is the best bang for your buck in a setup that is designed to be a groundpounder/demo type build. Designed to drive and play all types of music super loud.
Will likely be in a setup with 12 woofers and about 30k rms so about 2500 watts per woofer.
I know I dont need a 4" coil woofer for only 2500 watts each BUT, my goal with this setup is to never buy something that will ever limit me. Ill keep adding more and more. IE) Im going to buy my 12 woofers...likely 1 amp and 4 batteries. Throw it in and start having fun. As I save money to buy more and more batteries, and another amp at a time. Thats why I always like running 6 or 12 woofer setups. They will work with 1 amp, 2 amps, 3 amps, 4 amps, 6 amps, 8 amps or 12 amps. Its perfect for the person who is adding on.
Regardless...just wondering what your opinions are....
Here are a couple that Ive been considering.
HDC4s
SSA Evils
DC Level 6s
Fi SP4
Crossfire XS V2
Any more??

thanks

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

I only see 3 subs on your list. The SP4 and XSV2 are twins so we can only count those once. You also have the SSA Evil listed which would really make it triplets since they're all the same build house. Then you have the DC and the HDC4. None are terrible choices, they're all capable. Pick your favorite dust cap and the price you like most and go with that.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

A co-worker of mine just got the HDC415 and a pair of SQ2200.2's strapped to power it... That thing could still take quite a bit more power than what he has going to it right now. I don't think 2500w is enough for any of these subs listed.

I only see 3 subs on your list. The SP4 and XSV2 are twins so we can only count those once. You also have the SSA Evil listed which would really make it triplets since they're all the same build house. Then you have the DC and the HDC4. None are terrible choices, they're all capable. Pick your favorite dust cap and the price you like most and go with that.

Lol sp4 is not a xsv2 nor is a ssa evil

Ssa evil is closer to xsv2 they are both based of the team as

Sp4 is the baby brother

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Im a nut hugger of Fi… SP4 or team is what I would go for.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived