I have a question for you experienced guys out there, i have my hands on some aluminum bars that are 18mm thick 150mm wide and 50cm Long, will this be enough to distibute the power for all the amps? Thinking of using them as a gathering point for the wires from all the batteries.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

made the distibution plates today and started looking into amp placement and batery placement, looks like im going to be able to fit 4 batts in the wheelwell and the one in the factory placement. tomorrow the box will hopefully be done so we can get some bump in the car again.

BizaEu1.jpg

Nice!

Love Bimmer builds ;)

Tuned in.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

awesome equipment im tuned in for sure

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

beautiful car, i need another bimmer in my life. Equipment list is stout, looking forward to videos!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

box is done! TTP03GO.jpgGDYRLT3.jpgbeen doing alittle work with power, was able to fit 4batts in the wheelwell and foamed them stuck.
tECJ2Cy.jpg
problem however been trying to set up my bit one but it will not power on, it has power in and ive tried both with remote and pressing the drc to turn it on but its totally dead. so if anyone here having experience with something simmilar would pm me i would apreciate it :) just going to have to run it without the dsp and cut 2 channels and run passive 2way up front.

got a little work done on the electrical, bought this awesome hydraulic crimper, makes the jobb so much easier.
c3RXOYt.jpg

1Njqasw.jpg

some of the cables done, its cold outside and i don't have a heated garage so just taking measurements and going inside to do as much as i can, would really love to have an insulated garage with heating, would be so much easier when doing stuff like this. glue and shit is taking such a looong time to dry since its about 0 celcius inside the garage.
pi5wDim.jpg

got some of the cables mounted, hoping to get the rest done today and getting the box in the car today or tomorrow.

got all the cables done
j4mkOaR.jpgand the subs are in
oO9eRoj.jpgHave to secure the box in the trunk and seal it of so all the air is going into the cabin and not in the back of the trunk. and have to make a proper amprack and have to tidy up in the back, just wanted it to bump so kinda messy in the back atm. waiting for more speaker wire atm aswell, have 8gauge out of the box but did not have enough to make it back to the amps so i have something like 12-13gauge right now, ordered up some more 8 gauge that is going to replace it. it's dark af in norway about 20hours of the day so a proper video will be hard to get and breaking in the subs to so not really cranking it that high so not to much to film but will post later when they are starting to loosen up. fuck they are stiff, barely moving but they bump good and move some air, but really need to seal it of because alot of the air is going back and rattling the trunk lid like crazy even though i have it dampened.
CKDhK8s.jpgreally messy but wont stay like that long

Archived