That's awesome. I have a single IS12 v3 for Home theater use and that thing is an absolute monster. 2.5ft3 net tuned to 26Hz. Running on a NU3000 wired to 4ohm. Just demolishes my room and can be heard 6 floors up and down.

been playing with my windows down abit the last days since we actually got some warm weather now and the windshield is flexing quite a bit, still not being able to turn it up to much because im dropping to 12volt but soon hopefully i will get the new alternator in and i can crank it up some more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvmXr4QoEEE

• 3 weeks later...

little update, been having some issues with the pulley not lining up with the rest and they dont make a standard pulley that will work for me so only one thing to do, modify one of the pulleys i have.
First i had to use the lathe to make a spacer that is around 11mm and had an inner diameter of 17mm, so i used some 40mm thick stainless bar.
pHoqIGI.jpg

NpmDGrW.jpg

spacer all done, just need to weld it onto the pulley, the shaft on the alternator is not long enough to just put a loose spacer between the pulley and the shaft itself, so i have to add to the back of the pulley and then remove it on the other side so i can still put the nut on the shaft and the pulley will stick further out.

etCrRRH.jpgtacked it in 4 places and made sure it wasnt crooked, put a piece of brass in the center to lign the spacer up properly with the pulley, then i proceeded to weld it all the way around trying to use as little amperage as possible to it wont deform the pulley.

sKYBBim.jpg
almost done, finnishing it tomorrow, measured it and its of by 0,0012mm so i think it will work good, cant wait to get the alternator in the car and actually working, dc repaired the amp that blew aswell so i will be getting that back aswell soon.

got the alternator in today and its working awesome, went from 13,8volts to 14,7-8 and it also just drops to around 13,9 when slamming, earlier it would drop straight down to 12volts on the same volume. need to upgrade the ground from the frame to the engine block but waiting for cable lugs atm. Iev9UCT.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

those wonderful DISA valves. they eventually fall apart and the metal pin that holds the flap in place likes to fall into the intake and from there into one of the cylinders. What a great design.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

those wonderful DISA valves. they eventually fall apart and the metal pin that holds the flap in place likes to fall into the intake and from there into one of the cylinders. What a great design.

on the m57 diesels yes, standard to delete those, not a problem on the m52tu's. pretty much the only problems they have had with the m52s are radiators and the crank case ventilation. other than that great engine, having a little hard time on idle with playing music with the new alternator, need to give it 1000+rpms if not it will dip down into 5-600 when the alternator all of a sudden starts to charge hard.

Archived