Sundown Audio

GrantMcl97

I've just really started getting into building my trucks system and my amp just went out. It was a Hifonics HFI amp I got from a friend. It's garbage but it worked for a while. It was pushing my SoundQubed HDC3.12.D2 and I'm in between amps. The number one on my list is the Hifonics Brutus 2000.1 it seems to be a good amp considering I'm still in high school so my money is tight. But I'm also looking at the Audiopipe APMI 2000 which I don't know anything about Audiopipe but I've heard that amp is decent and also the SoundQubed 1200.2 any input will be very appreciated and if you have had any of these amps please let me know how it was.

My recommendation is the soundqubed amp. They are proven to put out good clean lower and are very reasonably priced. If you do go with audio pipe, I would recommend the APCL 1800. Big D put the APCL 1500 on the amp dyno and it did 1317 watts at 1 ohm certified at 14v. I'm sure the 1800 would have similar numbers.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

I just picked up one of these for my HDC310:

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/twisted-sounds-ts1-8k-1800w-monoblock-bass-amplifier/

They are still doing a 10% off discount on it at the moment... So it's $350. Much beefier than my old Hifonics BRE1700.1.

Talked to CJ at Droppinhz and he advised me that Twisted Sounds uses Zenon for their build house... The Korean build house that most of the top end brands use.

Here is the amp dyno birthsheet I got with mine:

3ce5ffe3-0be2-48b7-9e9f-a6cc3673a4d2_zps

Can't get that kind of power for under $400 anywhere else.

Don't worry about CEA compliance, it's a joke that's only useful for 4ohm ratings.

A good amp that will produce advertised RMS and higher, is going to cost 25cents per a watt. Take price of amp, divide by highest RMS power out advertised, and that's how much that amp is. The closer to 25cents or higher, the more likely that amplifier is to do what it is supposed to do. Quality isn't cheap. All SoundQubed amps are about 22cents per a watt. Not the highest quality, but they will get the job done, and do it much better than hifonics will.

Archived