Sundown Audio

GrantMcl97

Soundqubed isnt the only company using those capxon capacitors. Dc audio, digital designs, crescendo audio, twisted sounds, sundown have all used them as well.

He is right you know.

So i guess hifonics is better than all these brands, even though hifonics uses a lower quality and cheaper capacitor with higher specs, even though none of these brands are having failures due to capacitors....

Now you may have an argument if you physically test how much of the capacitor is being used, but if the capacitor size exceeds the design of the amplifier I see no issues with them.

Hell maybe hifonics is using a much larger spec capacitor then soundqubed is because their brand of that needed size does not handle what it needs to and causes a failure, but yet its still cheaper to use the higher spec capacitor they are using than using the lower spec capxcon that everyone else uses...

Its damn near impossible to compare an item spec for spec unless your able to physically test each capacitor independently and bring said capacitors of each manufacture to their failure point and see when each fails, and then go and run the same test at their claimed ratings to see how long they will last longevity wise with out exceeding the specs on the label.

My thoughts on this is, heat is the worst enemy. My Soundqubed amp might be made of the same parts as the hifonics amp but I know it stays a lot cooler than any maxxsonics amp I have owned. If I had a term lab I would buy a hifonics amp to put on the same box and subs just to see if they would score any different and to compare the sound quality of the two

i will go ahead and move this to the proper area since you just randomly stuck in in the first place you saw without paying any attention. Normally i just delete. It's easier. Please pay attention next time, we have specific sections on this forum for a reason. thanks.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Y'all can feel free to keep talking about these two amps but does anybody know about the American Bass HD3500? About how much power to expect any of the internals?

I've got a PH4000MD and it's running exceptionally well. You're on a budget, this is the amp for you if you can wire to 1 ohm.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Bass-Amplifier-Phantom-Micro-Technology/dp/B0096BAS10

I guess I'm officially a nuthugger

My recommendation is the soundqubed amp. They are proven to put out good clean lower and are very reasonably priced. If you do go with audio pipe, I would recommend the APCL 1800. Big D put the APCL 1500 on the amp dyno and it did 1317 watts at 1 ohm certified at 14v. I'm sure the 1800 would have similar numbers.

See this is where I get confused... the AP 1500 claims 1500 @ 1 OHM but on the amp dyno u it did a tad over 1300.....

I bought a rockville M4 amp (being told it's audio savings house brand) it claimed 1500 @1 ohm and the dyno showed it pushing a little over 1200.

Both audio pipe and rockville amps cost less than $155 mine was $149 free shipping, when I told people I bough a rockville they drilled me because it did less than rated. So my confusion is that I bought an amp that did 100 and change less than rated and ur reccomending an audio pipe that was proven to do less than rated also.

Big D Wiz did an amp review and dyno on my rockville and said it was a decent amp for the $$ but even still I got raided by other members saying is did less than rated and I should have bought something that's rated and better....

My recommendation is the soundqubed amp. They are proven to put out good clean lower and are very reasonably priced. If you do go with audio pipe, I would recommend the APCL 1800. Big D put the APCL 1500 on the amp dyno and it did 1317 watts at 1 ohm certified at 14v. I'm sure the 1800 would have similar numbers.

See this is where I get confused... the AP 1500 claims 1500 @ 1 OHM but on the amp dyno u it did a tad over 1300.....

I bought a rockville M4 amp (being told it's audio savings house brand) it claimed 1500 @1 ohm and the dyno showed it pushing a little over 1200.

Both audio pipe and rockville amps cost less than $155 mine was $149 free shipping, when I told people I bough a rockville they drilled me because it did less than rated. So my confusion is that I bought an amp that did 100 and change less than rated and ur reccomending an audio pipe that was proven to do less than rated also.

Big D Wiz did an amp review and dyno on my rockville and said it was a decent amp for the $$ but even still I got raided by other members saying is did less than rated and I should have bought something that's rated and better....

it's time to let it go man.

Y'all can feel free to keep talking about these two amps but does anybody know about the American Bass HD3500? About how much power to expect any of the internals?

It will do slightly under RMS (about 1400 to 1500 watts ) which is pretty good for the price.

The VFL series is american bass's higher amplifier line that does above RMS usually (the VFL 100.1 would be about 300 bucks from an unauthroized dealer and about 340 dollars from an authroized dealer, would do about 1600 to 1700 RMS and the internals are great ).

Archived