Sundown Audio

Terrible temporary setup help 2.0

So my first thread became inaccessible? I has no permission to view. I own a 1995 Ford taurus with stock electrical. I'll only have this car for few more months. My setup was Alpine CDE-153BT; kicker Ks 6.5" Fronts; Kicker Ks 6x8s in the rear deck; and a Sony XM-GTX1852 bridged for my sub amp (rated at 400 watts @ 4ohms only, it is not 2/1 ohm stable). My old subs were 2 RF P1S2's in a sealed enclosure. Now for my question... I got rid of my subs for some extra holiday cash as my debit card inconveniently expired a few days ago. I get a new one on the 28th, and would like to order a Sundown sub. Ive become a fan of sundown after hearing that beast of an SA-12. I don't feel like Id have the power to make an SA play yet but idk for sure. Ive looked at the E 10/12 and Sa 10/12, in a vented enclosure. I has teh wood working skills and equipment to even do a horn ported if I wanted. But, ultimately? Which sub? Enclosure ideas? In trunk? Or back seat? I'm wanting to maximize SPL while still retaining decent musical SQ. I understand the lack of power but there's not alot I can do with this car. I'm not touching the electrical. I'm getting an 01 GMC JIMMY come tax returns, that ride is for the big boy pants build. Edit: Amp does truly push 400 RMS or very close to it.

Edited by CoreyB541

I'd say wait but if you build something now you'll have something to learn off of with your next car. Compensate for the displacement by adding that much more volume. Don't guess. Just go sub and port back if you're not sealing it off.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I already have funds set aside for my vehicle, an Scv2000D, 2 sa 12s, and the necessary electrical to back it up. Im not touching that money yet though. I'm waiting on my uncle to buy a new truck (tax season) so I can buy his '01 blazer. my little sister is a new driver, so I dont want to go nuts. This sub could end up paired with a sundown 600 if it kills the sony though. Tbh Ive beaten the piss out of that sony and it's still going. It's proven quite resilient lol.

I'm just saying you learn something new after every build. Something you look back on your last one and think "why the fuck didn't I do that before". So get that out of the way and have a better quality build in your jimmy.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png