Sundown Audio

I Bought a Sundown X-10 v.2 Dual 2ohm subwoofer only 3 months or so and it was working great until one day I was driving and the bass from the sub cuts out then back on then off. As if the speaker wires had come loose and the connection wasn't firm enough... I tried everything and I discovered that since it is a Dual 2 ohm sub that each terminal should give me a ohms/resistance reading of 1 ohm. But when using my multimeter. I only get a reading of 1 ohm off one of the terminals. The other side all I get is 0. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done. Appearance wise everything looks perfect and it doesn't smell burnt up or anything. Is it possible something just came loose inside the sub? Thanks

if you have a dual 2 sub each terminal should read 2 not 1 now as far as one terminal not reading try and take a reading from the tensil leads if you get a reading you need to resolder that to the terminals if you dont it sounds like half the coil is dead so you will need a recone

The tinsels connect to the coil. It could be one of three things. Either the tinsel is disconnected from the coil, the coil is toast from overpower or clipping, or the motor is shifted and only reading one coil. Since you said it's dual 2 and neither coils read correctly then it's prbably because of clipping.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

a shifted motor will not cause a coil to read incorrectly holy fuck where do people get there information.......your tinsel leads should be sewn down to the spider underneath the cone and soldered to the terminals

My bad I meant if the coil isn't centered, not shifted motor.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

Take a picture of the woofer and the leads... If it has standard XL leads on it Jacob himself said he has never seen a pair of burnt XL leads. My guess is clipped to death and burnt coil. Try n take a pic of coil

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Looks like you need a re-cone:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/101673-re-cone-prices/

You are going to want to e-mail them and get a new one.

You could also look into a PSI recone.

http://psicaraudio.com/

Edited by RainStryke