XS Power

I have a yellow top battery under the hood and a D3100 as a secondary. I have two T2 twelves and a RF T2500.1, T800.4 and wenever i turn up the volume i see my voltage drops to around 11v..ive seen other ppl use 12v batteries and have thier voltage at high 13v or even 14 volts. Would adding another D3100 bring up the voltage or would wven do anything?

what vehicle is it in. might be on the limits of the stock alt.

Its a 2010 nissan altima, but i have a dc power h/o alternator 320 amp..i remembered when i had the yellow top inatalled i didnt charge it so could it be that if that battery is not at its full potential that its not allowing anything more than 13.2 volts, because thats what im at on idle

Edited by cLos510

I have a yellow top battery under the hood and a D3100 as a secondary. I have two T2 twelves and a RF T2500.1, T800.4 and wenever i turn up the volume i see my voltage drops to around 11v..ive seen other ppl use 12v batteries and have thier voltage at high 13v or even 14 volts. Would adding another D3100 bring up the voltage or would wven do anything?

Well, with you having the potential to pull about 300-350a of current or so, with a stock alternator that may only be 80a (with about 40a going to accessories of the vehicle), you have probably enough reserve to stay in the 13's IF you had a 250a or so alternator to back it.

"It takes power to make power."

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Well, with you having the potential to pull about 300-350a of current or so, with a stock alternator that may only be 80a (with about 40a going to accessories of the vehicle), you have probably enough reserve to stay in the 13's IF you had a 250a or so alternator to back it.

"It takes power to make power."

Well i do have a 320 amp alternator though so im just wondering if 13.2 volts is normal or if i should be at a higher voltage with the 2 batteries and that alternator

before you buy another battery.. how are the gains set, who set them and how was it done?

Everything was set by a RF 3sixty.3 and a local shop tuned it..i did notice that the subs arent that loud and wen u try turning it up the output led light goes to the +2db(red) without turning the knob all that much

it coulf be that the gain is set a bit high.. you shouldnt be dropping that bad as long as the batteries are still good.

the subs not getting loud could be in the box itself

it coulf be that the gain is set a bit high.. you shouldnt be dropping that bad as long as the batteries are still good.

the subs not getting loud could be in the box itself

Yea, well the shop i went to built me a custom bandpass box that has the port going directly into the cabin of the car, which kinda has me confused as to why its not as loud