Second Skin Audio

2 American Bass TNT 15s, box

SubWolfe909

I plan on upgrading soon and getting another 15" TNT. I will wire them to 1 ohm on a 2,000W RMS Soundstream amp. Probably will also get a XS battery to replace my factory battery and hope that is powerful enough. Anyways, I have designed a box with roughly 7 cubes of airspace. The port is 7"x15.5", slot port, that is about 32" long for a 32Hz tuning. I was wondering if I should decrease or increase the port area? And if I should consider more bracing? Any advice is appreciated.

boxv2_zpsz6i70xlc.png

Also, I will make it a double baffle on top.

you have 45 deg cut city here, any advice on how to cut them? i would like to make 45's on my next box but i currently can only think of sanding a normal cut. but my wood is to think for me to sand evenly, i tried.
is there a way to get a good 45 deg cut out of a table saw or jig saw? and both only are built for flat cuts.

Current Subs: 2 Alpine SWR-1522D's, Sundown X-18

Current Amps: SAE-1500D on 100A 14.4v psu, Technics SA-560,Some Sony, Some Pioneer - crackles if on to long

Just about any table saw should be able to do a 45 degree cut, most jig saws and circulars saw can too. It all depends on your particular tools though.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yeah my table saw can do angled cuts. Only thing I wish I really had is a router.

Nothing a little money can't fix! :-)

A router is a REALLY handy tool for box building.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yeah I would love to have some nice edges on the box and not have to use a jigsaw for circles lol. Also, would my 90 amp stock alt, after the big 3, even be powerful enough to handle 2000 RMS? I plan on having a Stinger SPV70 in the back and my stock battery upfront.

Archived