Second Skin Audio

2 American Bass TNT 15s, box

SubWolfe909

So I got bored and have made another design that would use 10" sonotube. What do you guys think? Would that be too much port area? I have it 2 feet long, giving me about a 30hz tuning here. Box is 7 cubes after the displacements. The tube sits 7.5" off the bottom of the box.

tubeboxc_zpszqeqzbkp.png

A 10" sonotube should work well. Definitely not too much port area.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Do you think one box would be a lot better than the other? I'm considering the sonotube one for it is easier to build and I will be able to make the box a few inches shorter due to less port displacement. Is there any need to reinforce the tube with something?

I think either box should perform well. There really shouldn't be much performance difference between them. I'd go with which ever one fits your space better and which one you think looks the best.

Some folks reinforce the sonotube, but some people don't. I don't think its needed, but it wouldn't hurt either. You could always trying it without reinforcing it and see if it flexes.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived