BOX BUILD FOR A SQ 3.0 18s (2)

Ryan Perry

back of suburban, 5 cuft. per chamber separate chambers per sub with two 4 inch perscion ports per chamber and all ports are 18inch length and the box is about 22 inch tall. ports firing up/ and subs are firing up also. what is your opinions on that box build?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Im building a new box in a 04 suburban and keeping the 3rd row in. I can get at least 8.5 cu. Ft. Per sub without going above the 3rd row seat height... The website recommends 6cuft. Per sub. I love low bass. Im thinking of building a box 6cuft. Per sub facing up. Not a fan of. With one 6 inch percsion port per sub facing out towards rear doors. Im building the box with the same height and depth so i can flip the box if up firing dont some good. Please help out or recommend a box design. Subs are on the way

two 4 inch ports (25 square inches of port), or 1 6inch port (28square inches of port) which is only 3 more square inches of port than two 4 inch ports.

either way your going to have so little port volume that you might as well make the box sealed.....

under 5 square inches of port per cube for 18s is stupid. your just killing the box efficiency, the output, and having such a high port velocity you will hear the ports whistling dixie in the next city over....

two 6 inch ports per sub or five 4inch ports would be more ideal, even better yet ditch the round port idea all together so you can build a port an ideal size.

two 4 inch ports (25 square inches of port), or 1 6inch port (28square inches of port) which is only 3 more square inches of port than two 4 inch ports.

either way your going to have so little port volume that you might as well make the box sealed.....

under 5 square inches of port per cube for 18s is stupid. your just killing the box efficiency, the output, and having such a high port velocity you will hear the ports whistling dixie in the next city over....

two 6 inch ports per sub or five 4inch ports would be more ideal, even better yet ditch the round port idea all together so you can build a port an ideal size.

I like these types of answers, port volume too small, so lets make it way bigger and raise tunning of an 18" subwoofer to near 40hz, thats and awesome reason to buy 18" subs to be able to peak in the 45 hz region. I ran 2 6" ports in a 14 cubic feet box and was hitting well over 155, not bad for a sealed box...meh. port whistle might be an issue at the lower 20hz region otherwise who cares,

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

The soundqubed website recommend a 6cuft. per 18inch sub. heres the link http://www.soundqubed.com/Box-Sizes-and-Tuning-_ep_68.html or should i do more like 7cu ft. per sub with one or two 6 inch ports per chamber? also of topic, do you recommend an epicenter with this build?

The soundqubed website recommend a 6cuft. per 18inch sub. heres the link http://www.soundqubed.com/Box-Sizes-and-Tuning-_ep_68.html or should i do more like 7cu ft. per sub with one or two 6 inch ports per chamber? also of topic, do you recommend an epicenter with this build?

Yes, it says 6cubic feet.

6.00^ft (1) 15" or (1) 18" 96.0 sq" vent x 18" long

Doing 1 6inch aeroports you are only getting 28.26 sq inches of vent.

Doing 2 6inch aeroports you are only getting 56.52 sq inches of vent.

Doing 3 6inch aero ports you are only getting 84.78 sq inches of vent.

Do you see how sound cubed wants 96 square inches of vent?

Ditch the aeroport idea all together and build a slot port like I mentioned in my first post.

im going to build a 13cuft. box separating the subs, with two 17x6 aeros in each chamber, subs firing up and ports firing rear of 04 suburban, bc i dont what my vehicle resonance is and it may come out nice. also what is the formula to get round port volume? thanks

Yes, it says 6cubic feet.

6.00^ft (1) 15" or (1) 18" 96.0 sq" vent x 18" long

Doing 1 6inch aeroports you are only getting 28.26 sq inches of vent.

Doing 2 6inch aeroports you are only getting 56.52 sq inches of vent.

Doing 3 6inch aero ports you are only getting 84.78 sq inches of vent.

Do you see how sound cubed wants 96 square inches of vent?

Ditch the aeroport idea all together and build a slot port like I mentioned in my first post.

yes, they ask you to use 96 square inches of vents, but that also a tuning of around 40hz, pretty lame to tune 18" subs to 40 hz unless you dont give a shit about low bass then use that recommendation.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

box sucks bro, sell those subs and get yourself a pair of 15s , would get louder on less money :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived