Diesel Batteries?

Okay, my buddy has a 2014 Dodge 2500HD Diesel. He's got dual batts. So I guess that makes it a 24 volt? or is it a 12 still? I know some systems are 24 and some are 12. He said one is an accessory battery and the other starts his truck. Well he has some minor light dimming. So we talked about doing the big 3. We're gonna do it, but is there anything I can do to tie into the second bat? And is so, how do I do the big 3 to both of them? Or do I just run one strand from the alt to the first bat, then back to second, then to the amp? Here's what out set up is right now.gNM3oK9.png

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about positive a truck that new won't have batteries separated either.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

The big 3 isn't going to help with lights dimming,

I haven't a clue how that myth even came to be.

I've actually had it become worse after the big 3.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The big 3 isn't going to help with lights dimming,

I haven't a clue how that myth even came to be.

I've actually had it become worse after the big 3.

Well I think like I read on here some where, cause when you put in a big amp it tries to suck more juice than it can through the small straw(factory wires) So thats why you increase the flow from the alt (big wire) to the bat and that way it has contact with your big wire going to your amp. Ya know? Like positive I read that on here lol

But it can also be bad because once it has the bigger straw the sucking can be stronger so it dims worse. That's why I asked about the second bat. So it's okay to wire them together?

What do mean..? Are you saying his truck doesn't have 2 batteries? Because like the #1 rule on here is to not lie to try and fit in..? And well I am like 99.99% positive that is a second bat under there :D loll

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

First you need to find out if it's a 24 volt system or not, I don't feel like looking it up for you lol.

A simple check with a multimeter should answer that question and if you don't have a multi meter go buy one, even a cheap one Will do for now.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It won't fix light dimming. It'll just be better support for the electrical.

I'm with broke. Measure voltage. No more guessing

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Okay well how would I check that..? Because we had blown a fuse the remote was spliced into, he has the factory head unit still, but I probed my negavitve and positive on the amp and had a nice 12.8 with truck off. Then probed the remote and had no volatge. So that's how I figured something out with that. So with me probing his positive wire and it reading a 12, does that mean he has a 12 volt system? The reason I'm asking is because you see amps that say they're okay on some 16 volt systems. SO I haven't really read up on that, but am applying my some knowledge correctly...? That make sense guys? Meaning if he's got the 24 volt could it damage his amp?

The reason diesels have two batteries is for when it's winter and you gotta have your glow plugs on for awhile. I know it has two batteries but they are probably are wired parallel (12volt)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Archived