Sundown Audio

2011 F-150 Supercrew 4 x "X-6.5"

Really thinking this is going to be the plan, if it can fit.

I can sacrifice under the fold up seats but I can't give up much more room. It hauls my kids to practice but I am dead tired of stock everything in the truck.

I measured 54 W x 12 D x 5H (but it has a rise under the seat to 8") that I can work with.

I will do my best trying to sketch something up but I am no artist.

Hoping to do 2 subs on the left and right with the slot port in the middle.

Sundown website says these need about .3 ft^3 so I really think I can make this work.

Hoping someone with a similar setup has some ideas on how to get started since the box won't be "square" or how I would go about making the internal ports.

Thank you in advance.

Here's a sketch of what I did under my rear seat of my Supercab F150 (mine has the hump up towards the back). Hopefully, you can get an idea or two from it.

10%20inch%20Underseat%20Sub%20Enclosure_

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150 STX SuperCab 5.0L V8 4x4

BIG 3: Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge OFC Power Amp Kit

Headunit: Stock (Leaving factory look)

Speakers: Stock

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 10" D2 wired down to 1 ohm

Enclosure: ~1.5 cubic feet tuned to ~34 Hz (Port Area ~24 inches)

Amplifier(s): Sundown Audio SAE1000.1D

Amp Power Kit: Knukonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit

Not easy when u got no room looks like a great plan

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

U can raise the seats alittle bit ,I did mine a half inch and then took the padding that was under the carpet out that was very thick just to free up every little inch

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Here's the link to a company that I used for my seat lift. The kit is only $145 plus $18 S&H. Increases the overall lift of the seat by 2.5 inches. If you have a hardware store that sells 1/8 inch think washers, you can add a few of them to increase the overall seat lift height by putting those on the bolts/studs before installing the seat lift kit from LMI Welding. Overall, it was a great kit to work with. Very easy and the instructions are easy to follow as well.

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150 STX SuperCab 5.0L V8 4x4

BIG 3: Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge OFC Power Amp Kit

Headunit: Stock (Leaving factory look)

Speakers: Stock

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 10" D2 wired down to 1 ohm

Enclosure: ~1.5 cubic feet tuned to ~34 Hz (Port Area ~24 inches)

Amplifier(s): Sundown Audio SAE1000.1D

Amp Power Kit: Knukonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the link to a company that I used for my seat lift. The kit is only $145 plus $18 S&H. Increases the overall lift of the seat by 2.5 inches. If you have a hardware store that sells 1/8 inch think washers, you can add a few of them to increase the overall seat lift height by putting those on the bolts/studs before installing the seat lift kit from LMI Welding. Overall, it was a great kit to work with. Very easy and the instructions are easy to follow as well.

Thank you so much. I was planning on doing my own kit, but after looking at that, it seems well worth the money.

I'll be picking that kit up.

It looks like with the seat lift I will have approximately 3.05 ft3 of gross volume. Using the handy guesstimate from CAF of gross volume x .55 I would have a net volume of 1.68 cf3. Would 1.68 be enough to run 2 x SA-8? The sub is listed at 0.5-0.75 ft^3 @ 35hz.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, makes me want to take a closer look under the back seat of my 00 super duty. I am putting 2 sa8v2 between the front seats in a box I made for a car I sold.lol It's temporary to see how I like the bass coming from there. I may take a shot at something like this in the near future...