Second Skin Audio

box design for Nissan Cube

Hooah87

I'm trying to make a box so that its level with the back lip, so that when you open the back I'm only loosing height in the trunk/ back, looking also for a sub and amp to power it that will perform best in that amount of space, here's my dimensions , height closest to rear 9" , height closest to back seats 6", width of back 36", depth of back 16", that space also needs to house amplifier, looking for a daily driver, wanna go with an 8" sub if possible, and tricky part is I need to be able to put stuff on top of box like a stroller I got kids, so down firing or a band pass so sub doesn't get damaged, any help is greatly appreciated, was looking to spend about 200 for sub and 250 ish for amp, if possible, wanna get as loud as I can for a daily driver , any help is greatly appreciated

Could we get a picture of your cargo area to help visualize what you want to do?

With a single 8" sub "loud as possible" isn't going to be real loud. I'd avoid a band pass box, ported is going to be the way to go.

As an alternative to down firing the sub you could flush mount it and put a waffle style grill over it, they protect well.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Was trying to upload a picture from my iPhone not working, I'm basically looking for a single cab truck box but laying on its back , the side of the box closest to license plate is taller than side closet to back seats if that makes sense, I have a 2013 Nissan Cube, I was looking at some subs like sundown sa8 or soundqubed hds08, dc m2 8", ct sounds 8" meso, didn't think I had enough airspace/ mounting depth for a 10" sub, was looking to get an amp around 1000 watts Rms for plenty of headroom, I like sundowns amps and subs personally

I think you could probably make a 10" fit the space you have available, especially if you can find somewhere else to put the amp. A 10" is going to be a big improvement over an 8", and for multiple reasons.

Is there going to be any open space around the outside of the box that the port could fire into? Or will it need to fire up?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Was trying to upload a picture from my iPhone not working, I'm basically looking for a single cab truck box but laying on its back , the side of the box closest to license plate is taller than side closet to back seats if that makes sense, I have a 2013 Nissan Cube, I was looking at some subs like sundown sa8 or soundqubed hds08, dc m2 8", ct sounds 8" meso, didn't think I had enough airspace/ mounting depth for a 10" sub, was looking to get an amp around 1000 watts Rms for plenty of headroom, I like sundowns amps and subs personally

Photobucket has an iPhone app if you want to try that, i'd say you have space for a lot more than a single 8", are you trying to save space somehow?

Was just thinking that's all I had space for, but should be room for amp on one side of box and port could fire on other side, looks like I'll have to do some research on 10" subs that can fit in that mounting depth, any ideas from anyone? Any info is greatly appreciated, and an amp to match

Assuming you want to flush mount, a DC Level 2 10" should fit, a FI X10 might too. You just need something with about a 6" mounting depth or less. A Sundown SA-10 might too, but might require some extra creativity.

Builds:

What about getting a fi ssd 10 dual 1 ohm sub and a sae 600d and running it at half ohm? Did a little research and saw the 600d on a half ohm load doing 943 Rms on a dynamic Rms test, and if that thing can take that for daily use id be pretty happy, would be under 500 bucks for sub and amp, if not I'm looking at a sa 10 dual 2 ohm and the sae 600d at 1 ohm. Both setups would be 1.25 cubes at 33 hz, opinions? Thoughts?

Well there are a couple reasons why I would not do that. The first is running at a half ohm for daily usage isn't a great idea. It's pushing your equipment harder than you need to. The second reason is you wouldn't be able to hear a difference between 600 and 950 watts anyway.

Builds:

Archived