XS Power

Okay, I have hit a big issue! I ran a 0 gauge power wire from my front Battery to my new back batteries (XS D3100) and I have no way to run a ground wire. My suv is fully loaded. I have no more room..

I have looked at every side. Top, left, right it's all full of factory wire running already. It was all I could do to get the power wire run.

The only way to run a ground wire is going to be right over the top of the carpet. How bad will I suffer to just ground to the frame in the back?

This is my setup right now..

no_ground0.jpg

Edited by MADN00BIE

In my last car the guy at the audio store said "You have to have a ground or it will not charge right" I just wanted to know how bad I would suffer charge wise not running one.

Edit: He said I need "ALL the grounds connected or it wouldn't charge right"

Edited by MADN00BIE

if you ground over the carpet you will have a bad day.. it needs to be in solid metal not even the panel is a good ground.. if you dont have solid metal in the rear run the grounds to the front battery

you don't have to run a ground to the front. Just ground to a thick piece of metal in the rear.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Guys all 4 batteries are grounded to the frame. But the audio shop guy told me it was wrong last time (each battery grounded to frame) and had me buy more wire and ran a ground so that all 3 batteries at the time had a ground running from each battery to each battery. He said "if you didn't do it that way you would not complete the ground loop and it wouldn't charge right" So I guess I should have asked is this statement true in anyway? Is it okay to just ground each one to frame.

Guys all 4 batteries are grounded to the frame. But the audio shop guy told me it was wrong last time (each battery grounded to frame) and had me buy more wire and ran a ground so that all 3 batteries at the time had a ground running from each battery to each battery. He said "if you didn't do it that way you would not complete the ground loop and it wouldn't charge right" So I guess I should have asked is this statement true in anyway? Is it okay to just ground each one to frame.

you don't have to run a ground to the front. Just ground to a thick piece of metal in the rear.

if he dont have a solid ground he will have to run it to the front.. the panel is not stout enough to carry grounds.. also there are body bushing with rubber that can affect the current.. the best ground is the frame.. if there is frame under the trunk he will have to drill a hole to ground to it.. if its a unibody he will have to run the grounds to the front or find a way to connect the front frame to the rear frame

Edited by Miguels