Maxwell ultra/super caps

So guys im trying to get a little more info on these. Ive tried googling and havent really come up on some good detailed info on these. Would using these be beneficial in a 4k plus system ? Right now i just have a nvx 10 farad cap/distro block wondering if getting some of these in a lil bank would be great or not.

6 supercaps making 1 bank would walk all over that nvx 10 fared capacitor.

That being said you need 6 supercaps wired in series to make 1 bank.

You want the 2.7volt 3000 fared models.

So when you wire them in series, the voltage increases but the fared rating decreases.

So you end up with a 16.2volt 500 fared bank of capacitors after you series 6 together.

The 16.2voltage doesnt mean that your car will run at 16.2volts. It just means that is their max charge without damage.

So if your alternator is charging at 14.8volts you will only charge the capacitors to 14.8volts.

If your vehicle charged at 18volts you would need to series 7 caps together etc.

You should really use load balancing circuits on them, many spl competitors dont.

Im sure Im forgetting a bunch, so someone else can fill in what I forgot.

These are pictures of what you are wanting below:

These black Maxwells are a really old style.

6ac19da7.jpg

These are also Maxwells iirc but slightly newer than the black ones.

s-l1000.jpg

and these Maxwells which is the newest style iirc.

BCAP3000P270K04.jpg

Then you have Ioxus

ioxusicap3kf.jpg

Also XS Power has some, but iirc they are made by Ioxus and relabled for XS Power.

But you can buy these in a premade bank of 6 from XS Power.

XS%20Power%20cap_zpsdyjzgvqg.jpg

Now Im second guessing myself, I think the blue ones that say Boostcap maybe the newer models than the blue ones that say maxwell on them cant really remember.

Anyways here are a couple pics of the XS Power capacitor that is all made ready to hook up.

These seem to be the only 2 pics I could quickly find of it.

12383631_631911780282556_1066536197_n.jp

1169160_1631882543740685_889243653_n.jpg

B_151270.jpg

11348203_1704543153098493_328795290_n.jp

Here is a picture of Andrews truck (Black Nasty). He only runs caps, no batteries except for a starting battery iirc.

He does 160s on music. You can also see the load balancers that I mentioned in my other post on top of his caps.

Probably one of the nicest capacitor installs that Ive seen.

19075879.JPG

You should really use load balancing circuits on them, many spl competitors dont.

You can either use 1% tolerance 100 ohm resistors wired along the positive and negative of each individual cap, or you can go for an active balancing system like this: www.electriccarpartscompany.com/6A-6000mA-Continuous-BalancingbrBattery-AH-50-3000br2-Unlimited-Cell-CountbrLithium-bPlease-Specify-Chemistrybbror-Lead-Acid-AGM-Gel-SiliconbrCharge-Discharge-StoragebrBattery-Voltage-Amperage-BalancersEqualizers_p_320.html

You can either use 1% tolerance 100 ohm resistors wired along the positive and negative of each individual cap, or you can go for an active balancing system like this: www.electriccarpartscompany.com/6A-6000mA-Continuous-BalancingbrBattery-AH-50-3000br2-Unlimited-Cell-CountbrLithium-bPlease-Specify-Chemistrybbror-Lead-Acid-AGM-Gel-SiliconbrCharge-Discharge-StoragebrBattery-Voltage-Amperage-BalancersEqualizers_p_320.html

These are what Andrew is using it looks like as well

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTEGRATION-KIT-for-Maxwell-BoostCap-Capacitors-BCAP3000-/252248970290?hash=item3abb35d432:g:VnAAAOSwX~dWlgWh

s-l1600.jpg

that xs power cap look bad ass

X2, where the hell do I buy one?

I just checked around and don't see them for sale anywhere.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Sweet so ill do that audio fanatic ill check the price on the xs power one and get that to match my d3400's in the back. I would love to keep strong electrical always so im trying to find the best easiest cost effective way to do that since in my vehicle i cant run dual alts. Im in the process of saving up for a hair pin mechman maybe a 320 amp or hit up mike singer and get a qoute from him. My 250 mechman is still doing good but i always wana leave room to go bigger

Yes but those are the baby versions. About 1/8 the size of the ones we reference

Archived