Second Skin Audio

Enclosure For Two Digital Designs Redlines 815 D1s

Scarab229

I need help with a design for two DD Redline 815s. I'm looking to get abit more highs as My X15s are lacking the higher notes and limiting my Genre of music. Would be listening to abit more dubstep. The DDs will be running switched between two different amps, DD m4b and Taramps Hd8000(possibly 4500wrms to 6000wrms)

My max WIDTH between wheels is 92cm/36.22 inches X HEIGHT 60cm/23.62 inches X LENGTH 78cm/30.70 inches. I would like to use 1.8cm/0.70 wood for this box

Thanks

Maybe your X15's aren't the reason you can't play as high as you want, but rather the enclosure they're in is limiting your bandwidth.

What are the specs of your current enclosure?

TEAM SOUTH Bassahaulic Productions

The ONLY Bright Atlantic Blue DiamondBoxx L

Drew Jones
Bassahaulic Productions

4 SSA ZCON 15"s
2 Sundown SCV-6000's
6 AGM G31's

161.6 @ 40Hz Outlaw
159.8 @ 36Hz Legal

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I need help with a design for two DD Redline 815s. I'm looking to get abit more highs as My X15s are lacking the higher notes and limiting my Genre of music. Would be listening to abit more dubstep. The DDs will be running switched between two different amps, DD m4b and Taramps Hd8000(possibly 4500wrms to 6000wrms)

My max WIDTH between wheels is 92cm/36.22 inches X HEIGHT 60cm/23.62 inches X LENGTH 78cm/30.70 inches. I would like to use 1.8cm/0.70 wood for this box

Thanks

I would tune higher to start but if the enclosure was done to Sundown recommendations that box would likely be compatible with the DDs.

Maybe your X15's aren't the reason you can't play as high as you want, but rather the enclosure they're in is limiting your bandwidth.

x2

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I don't think it is my box as Joe X designed it for me and subs play way better and stay pretty cool on the Taramps, Unless I cocked up somehow when assembling it, I will measure up in the morning though. In the old box it had abit more highs but subs got hot as the box was too small.

Never heard other Sundowns in person besides my own, I just assumed they were made for the lows and thats where the subs perform. So I purchased the DD 815s D1s as I beleiived it was the drivers that were lacking the highs. I was told the Redlines would work better for me?

Current box link below

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198881-dual-sundown-audio-x-15-d4/

I would really like to try the 815s but I do not have a box design

Archived