Headlights Dim With Little/No Voltage Drop

Hello, I am currently running a Sundown X-12 V1 D2 on a Soundqubed Q-2200.1. My volt gauge is an SMD VM-1 which is wired directly to the posts on the battery (XS D3400, Stock 120ish amp alt). The issue that I am having is that when my bass plays (even when it is barely playing at all) my headlights slightly dim. My resting voltage is 14.3-14.6v and even on notes where the voltage of the battery doesn't budge, the headlights are still dimming. I'm just curious as to why this would be?

SHTNONM

- 2009 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L V6

- 1 Sundown X-12 V1 D2

- 1 Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp

- 1 SoundQubed Q4-120

- 4 Alpine Type-R 6x8's

- 1 XS Power D3400

- Sky High Car Audio Wire

- SMD VM-1

- Kenwood Excelon KVC-X599

you will notice any light dimming with minimal voltage drop. Only way to stop it is having a constant/regulated voltage going to your light bulbs. i.e. HIDs

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Hello, I am currently running a Sundown X-12 V1 D2 on a Soundqubed Q-2200.1. My volt gauge is an SMD VM-1 which is wired directly to the posts on the battery (XS D3400, Stock 120ish amp alt). The issue that I am having is that when my bass plays (even when it is barely playing at all) my headlights slightly dim. My resting voltage is 14.3-14.6v and even on notes where the voltage of the battery doesn't budge, the headlights are still dimming. I'm just curious as to why this would be?

How'd you get your batteries to rest so high, or do you mean 14.3-14.6 is with the alt running and no load on it?

How'd you get your batteries to rest so high, or do you mean 14.3-14.6 is with the alt running and no load on it?

yeah, sorry I should have specified. 14.3-14.6 is with the car on, alt running, and no load

SHTNONM

- 2009 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L V6

- 1 Sundown X-12 V1 D2

- 1 Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp

- 1 SoundQubed Q4-120

- 4 Alpine Type-R 6x8's

- 1 XS Power D3400

- Sky High Car Audio Wire

- SMD VM-1

- Kenwood Excelon KVC-X599

I'd do the big3 see if that helps first if no, next I'd add a real cap like a Rockford because you state that you have no voltage drop.

I'm thinking you have sensitive eyes, caps discharge power a lot faster than batteries and should help stop the dimming.

Archived