Second Skin Audio

Box Design Look Good?

With a 2" W x 15" H port you still only have 30 sq in of port area. Its a step in the right direction from two 3" ports, but its still too low. You want 40 - 50 sq in of port area.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

With a 2" W x 15" H port you still only have 30 sq in of port area. Its a step in the right direction from two 3" ports, but its still too low. You want 40 - 50 sq in of port area.

Just curious, is the port length (16.25") split between the two in this type of set up when ported in the middle?

So a 3" W x 15" H port would work! Thanks Triticum for your great help! I'll post pics of the box build soon.

Yup, that should work just fine.

Just curious, is the port length (16.25") split between the two in this type of set up when ported in the middle?

Yes, when you do a middle port with a split in it you measure down the centerline of the port to determine its total length, so each half of the split needs to be 16.25" from one end to the other in this case.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 4 months later...

I am still having trouble calculating the port length in the middle since it is shared then splits off into two L's. I can't figure out how to calculate it.

Does 16.5 sound right for length and if so does it work like this with a shared middle and then splitting into two?

image_zpsfwgqn1hm.png

Just a 18 yr old kid looking to learn more about car audio. :)

Archived