damn, tuned in, cant believe you found another car, lol.

LOL @ that door panel amterial

LOL @ that door hinge by foot pedal

I know you will do this car right, cant wait to see you turn this turd into a Diamond

I was actually shocked that he contacted me about it! I'm glad he did! I got a lot of work on it but hope to have it on the road in a few weeks to start diving it some with the straight 6 that's in it now. I got it running good and I'm taking it to a buddies tomorrow to get exhaust done on it

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took Pig-Pen off today to have some exhaust ran on it. When I got it there was none what so ever on it so It had to be ran from the manifold to the rear. Well while it was gone I kept a piece here to work on. The guy I got it from at some point had the rear of this wagon very nice. He had a wood floor in it and he had the spare tire area set-up with 2 12's in it. Well I kinda like the concept of the speakers there but I wouldn't run a sub there! LOL I got 2 Sundown Neo Pro 10's that I can make go there!

This was an old picture he sent me before the 12's in there but of the floor when it was nice!

13055423_10208422354824113_8034868409473

I should of took a picture of it when I got it with the wood still in it but it had MAJOR water damage. I'll get back to some of these pictures of the rear floor later cause it no longer looks like this.

DSCN0160_zpsfvacrx4x.jpg

This is what it looked like outside the car and it was covered with material, again I jumped the gun and didn't take a picture of it before I removed the material!

wheel%20well%201_zpsjm8b8fyf.jpg

Time to get started on it and get it ready for a new adapter plate for 2 Neo Pro 10's

wheel%20well%202_zpspcchcbc4.jpg

OLd plate removed now it's time to get all this Bondo off and grind some of it to get it ready!

wheel%20well%205_zpsphy9m0he.jpg

wheel%20well%209_zpsycggbwjz.jpg

Now that it's most of the way cleaned up time to cut the Nylon Adapter plate that I will fiber glass in

wheel%20well%2012_zpsml4uqfpg.jpg

DSCN0001_zpsgvyzzsue.jpg

DSCN0002_zpsl0mkrnvb.jpg

All I got done today cause the guy called me up and said it was ready to pick up with the new exhaust on it! I got to feather all this in and cut my holes for the Neo's and start the fiberglass work!

I took it to a good buddy of mine and told him I needed some temporary exhaust ran cause I only want to drive it for a little bit with the straight 6 that's in it now so just use what you got sitting around the shop! Well even thought he only charged me a 12 pack of beer and $20 he still hooked me up with a good looking exhaust system! B)

DSCN0003_zpsiazveboo.jpg

DSCN0004_zpsxhb4taq2.jpg

DSCN0007_zpspjrpwsn4.jpg

DSCN0005_zpsqe988bio.jpg

Nice pipe bending work !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Nice pipe bending work !!!

He did me good and I just wanted him to throw a quick job u there cause it will all be cut back off when I do the engine swap! I love this though it show's he takes pride in his work!

Back to the rear floor. Once I removed all the messed up wood that was there it had a crap load of surface rust under it BUT good new's is I removed all the floor out of Bis-Kwik that is in PERFECT shape that can go right in Pig-Pen! SO time to snatch all of it out and see just exactly what I got under here!

DSCN0163_zpslt0dgemc.jpg

The spare tire compartment bottom floor is completely gone but this is not uncommon in these car's I will have to make a patch panel for it.

DSCN0161_zpsrstcwnfh.jpg

I removed all panels and floor section and started scraping and vacuuming to see what I got going on.

DSCN0166_zpssx869vtk.jpg

After cleaning and pressure washing I really didn't find anything that was super out of the ordinary for this age of car and coming from up north! It's got some spot's I have to repair but for the most part it is in good shape under there!

DSCN0167_zps5uajdjm7.jpg

DSCN0168_zpsrdz03lrr.jpg

I'll repair the bad sections and seal the hole thing with bed liner and it should be good!

Still working on the spare tire cover today. Got the adapter plate screwed down and the cover cleaned with a wire wheel on the grinder, also tapered the edges of the Nylon to make a smother transition from the Nylon to metal for when I fiberglass it.

DSCN0018_zpsnxgue7i8.jpg

DSCN0019_zpsbohcibri.jpg

DSCN0021_zpslxhudjmm.jpg

DSCN0022_zpshtlqqf14.jpg

A LOT of work to still do! :shok:

Well like any other build you will have slight changes then your first plan! :unknw: I was going to use the floor section out of Bis-Kwik along with the carpet and all BUT I changed my mind on that! I took some of the rear interior panels to the painters and ask him to Rhino-Line them. Well since I'm doing the cover panels why not just do the floor and all in it on the rear!

DSCN0163_zpslt0dgemc.jpg

I've already removed all the floor and was sitting outside the shop and looked like crap so time to put in some work on it

DSCN0024_zps4wujib7v.jpg

DSCN0025_zps7dzrrieb.jpg

I took it apart so I could work on it in sections

DSCN0026_zpsshynsefr.jpg

First step was to pressure wash all the scale off it

DSCN0029_zpsz2lny3oq.jpg

Now time for the wire brush on the grinder

DSCN0027_zpsdtb2pzxf.jpg

DSCN0028_zpsrl5fdpto.jpg

Time to fill in the holes that was put in it from the screws he had in it

DSCN0037_zpsqcq5fmar.jpg

Knock them down some with the grinder and it's ready to be Rhino-Lined

DSCN0038_zpsilhu08hl.jpg

Now for the underside I plan on using as much hauling room in this wagon as possible but it still has to have a system in it. SO why not mount my amps under the floor so they are not seen unless I lift the floor section up to show them off! <_<

DSCN0040_zpsabqik7jh.jpg

DSCN0039_zpspt4idb2r.jpg

awesome work so far, such a bad ass wagon! cant wait for the cummins swap!

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived