Time to get real!!!!

DSCN0244_zpsgkmtjmd0.jpg

The bottom of the floor is a little more rusty than I like plus I want to be able to haul some heavy stuff down there so the stock rusty floor has to go!!!!

DSCN0245_zpsoeqt7ymo.jpg

I also don't like how the rear of the frame is not boxed in. If I plan on hauling my Bis-Kwik Wagon with this Wagon I got to know for a FACT that the hitch is going to stay put as well as the frame it is mounted to! I will box the frame in and the only way I can weld it all the way around was to remove that floor section any way's!

DSCN0247_zpsfbpf8kzw.jpg

DSCN0248_zpskzhtjmgf.jpg

Now for the next task!

DSCN0246_zps5wbjkeh6.jpg

I do not want a hitch just hanging fron the frame rails and hanging under the rear bumper. SO I had an old hitch sitting around I cut it up just so I can kinda see what I need to fab up! I want the licence plate to flip up out of the way reviling the receiver hitch. Yep it's going through the bumper once done! B)

DSCN0251_zpskewjbzsd.jpg

DSCN0254_zps8zw9l09n.jpg

I went ahead and removed the rear bumper cause I also will plate the very back of the frame just behind the rear bumper for extra support as well. While I have all of this off might as well fix them rust spots in the body!

DSCN0253_zpsftc1k8wz.jpg

This went from a "I'm just going to drive it like it is" to a total fab job! :spiteful:

Looking good. I have actually wrapped quite a few of those x frames for hydraulics and I will say if you are looking for strength they are pretty damn easy to wrap!!

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Well I was going to be done for the day but was sitting around and got bored! :unknw: SO last night I bought this material to see how it looked on the door panels I made.

DSCN0001_zpsqtwfdkik.jpg

Dad wanted to get in on this action! Past few day's he's been helping me with it and I'm glad to cause it is getting him out of the house and active!

DSCN0003_zpsglosirpl.jpg

DSCN0005_zpso4kdwns1.jpg

Time to cut the holes in it and check it out

DSCN0007_zpst9xrsmmd.jpg

I must say I LOVE it! Once I get the door jam's painted black it will look great in there!

DSCN0008_zpsuzjnrv7v.jpg

DSCN0009_zpsvolp2az1.jpg

DSCN0012_zpsqczovihv.jpg

so.....sick... keep it up :good:

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

While I had the rear gate off Pig-Pen I noticed some cracked up bondo so I felt like now was the best time to do some further investigations on it. :shok: Let's just say I did NOT like what I found!!!!

13256494_1136292986390825_26653655767879

13233064_1136293036390820_16953321073273

Need less to say I've been welding and repairing rust spot's. And that patch that was already in it I got to do some CRAFTY stuff to make it look right other then a bunch of Bondo!!!! :unknw:

While I was working on that my brother came over looking for a little work for some cash so I told him pull the hood off and could go ahead and sand it down for me as well since it had a crap load of surface rust on it.

13266022_1137427786277345_70855451659064

13254143_1137480856272038_62422879167948

:cray::cray::cray::cray::cray: Lord this rabbit hole is getting deeper and deeper by the minuet! BUT after pulling 15 hours Saturday and 12 hours Sunday at work I FINALLY got around to working on it some more today! I got all the front of the hood welded up, done a coat of Bondo with fiberglass in it, sanded it down and then a thin coat of regular Bondo over it to fill in any low spot's I hit one side with some filler primmer just to see where I was at with it before I got the other side right. I HATE doing body work but I do what all I can to get a build done! I'll be back at it tomorrow after work again!!!

weld_zps0rqwsrms.jpg

done_zpsvtwsoihd.jpg

Those doors look nice. Sorry to see so much repair has to be done to this though

Thanks man! Yeah I kinda expected it to have some rust it came from up north and it's 54 years old! B) It's all repairable so that's a good thing just puts more work on me then I was ready for! LOL

At least when you're done fixing everything you know it will be in working order. I may have to make a trip down your way next year sometime to get a demo of both wagons ;) I know you're gonna get a little crazier with the pig-pen than you're letting on

Archived