Second Skin Audio

2010 cts need help getting low end deep bass

Deeavia

i have a 2010 cts, i removed the factory sub. as of now i am using a LOC with my power acoustic bamf8000 on 2 alpine type r in a built ported box. the port is in the middle, in which i took the design from off the net, and instead of keeping the port to the one side i moved it to the middle. my subs are facing rear of trunk and my port is too. i want to be in the 32hz-35hz. i have my door panels being did as we speak to fullfill my high and mids.

now my questions are....

bass is loud, but not deep

bass seems trapped in trunk vs hearing me coming

do i need to redo my box design and port

any help please. any box design please.

There are a few possibilities:

1) your LOC / head unit could be providing a weak low end.

2) the mod you did to the design resulted in higher tuning.

3) your amp subsonic filter is set high.

Flip down your rear seats to see if the trapped effect is reduced.

To check the box you could post a sketch with dimensions of what you built.

back seat doesnt fold down. only have that slot thru the seats, think its called ski port... as for the LOC its hooked up to a rear door connection, before the amp, or should i have use the subwoofer connection from the factory wires when i removed my factory sub to allow bass to come inside the car. i do have a clarion eqs755 that i havent connected yet, still figuring out what all im need and where im install it at.

15in sides

40in front/rear

3inx11 1/4in port with 6-1/4in bend _port is in the middle

also, if i choose to hook up EQ, instead of a shop, do i need to use the high inputs off the EQ and wire from before the bose amp or use the RCA to the LOC. i a, aware that factory radio have such a low output and LOC dont offer much to power the amp either to its potential.

and last but not least, wouldyou recommend adding port holes to the rear deck in area that rear speakers would have been.

i will recheck my subsonic

If your system had a subwoofer then likely the speakers are hi passed, the output to the factory sub maybe should be the one to use instead or a full range signal if you know where you get it. That would be something to try.

On your box the external dimensions are as follows?

External Height = 12.75 in
External Width = 40 in
External Depth = 15 in

looking like this:

t%20mtx_zpsmk7sudak.jpg

If so that box would be alright for 10" type Rs, spec is 2.6 net @ 35Hz, 33.75 square inches of port area., but not for 12s.

yes that is my box , what ya recommend for best low end bass box , being i listen to a lot of rap and r&b and slowed down music as well.

and for the high pass, i just need to move my LOC from the rear door connection and go directly to the sub connection where my factory sub was at? cause i do see those, i just taped them off so it woudlnt touch.

do i need to just bypass the LOC all together and start wiring my Clarion eq?

• 3 weeks later...

its on the sub connection now as advised. i had it right the 1st time wasn't sure until i seen the wire colors again. i did not adjust the LOC yet. my bass is good but still not that real deep low like i am looking for. i am using a Q-Power Q-bomb box now. don't get me wrong it does get low on songs as it should, i guess cause the bass is trapped in the trunk and cant get out like it should. i did remove the factory 10 sub, and i do leave the rear arm rest down to help with sound. any suggestions. or do i need a blow thru port box or a 4th order box...

Need a new enclosure. Have someone design you one for your subs

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

• 2 weeks later...

Archived