XS Power

When I bought my camper, the dealer's technician went over a bunch of stuff and how they charged the batt with some 100A charger system and blah blah blah it sounded mostly like BS.

I took it out and it was sitting at 9.9v. WOOO, time to try out that Recovery mode on my PSC30 right? Just set it and forget it and see how it does.

But how does it work/what am I to expect it to do and how to act?

It sat at stage one I believe, one bar blinking, and slowly brought it up to the ~12-13Vish range slowly for a couple days. Then it continued and brought it up to the 14's(bumped to stage two then I think?) and when it hit 15V it changed to two bars blinking and has sat this way for ~3 days now. All through this it has sat at 0 amps.

It will have been 8 days when i get home this evening, and though I know it has taken up to 2 weeks in some cases, I can't help but feel that the battery was not so low to warrant such a long recovery?

I am just curious if someone could provide a more technical explanation as to how the recovery mode works and if what I am seeing is a normal chain of events.

Whats the current battery voltage? And yes sometime it takes quite a while. Also, did you try charging it before starting the recovery?
What size battery and have you also put a load tester on it?

Couldn't tell you the exact size, group 31 or a little smaller maybe. It's an old shitty dirty Interstate, I can tell you that lol.

It has been sitting at 15.1 +/-0.1 for the last 3ish days.

I did not try to charge it first, it was only off the dealer's charger for a couple days and was already that far down. Figure fuck it, batt's probably already done for anyways, might as well try the recovery from the get-go and see what happens.

If you take it off the PSC does it hold charge at all now?

• 1 month later...