Second Skin Audio

Infinite Baffle - will this work?

I'm beginning to feel like the world is against you having bass in this vehicle.

its because of how picky i am! I dont want to lay a box in the trunk, it will never work and ill have to fold seats down, plus in this car i want to add weight.

Can someone maybe recommend decent 6.5 subs that can play low in a rear deck lol? Arent the CDTs supposed to work for that?

add panels to ski hole so it becomes a port, mount subs to the panels.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

There should be metal braces behind the seat and the rear deck should extend behind the top of the seat as well. This is what you would mount the baffle to. If the ski hole is smaller than the sub it will still work. It won't be much of a port but more like a big hole the sub plays through. Is it ideal? No. Will it work? Yes. It is the result of the compromises you are willing to make to get what you want. I say go for it.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Thats what im trying to figure out now. How can i secure wood to ski hole without drilling into the seat

What are the dimensions of the ski hole? Could you build a box that fired a stout 10" or 12" through the hole and had external ports to the 6x9 openings? It would be much smaller than the bandpass discussed elsewhere.

Static drops are my bag.

Ski hole is 9x7. I want to mount it so the seat folds down and takes the woofer with it. I think a 10" sub would work in this fashion. It would be rear mounted. Maybe i can put a screw throuw the wood and attach to the back seat metal brace.

This thread is what i am visualizing. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?200578-Notes-and-photos-on-adding-sub-woofer-and-digital-signal-porcessor-(DSP)

I think a 10" sub would work. It would be rear mounted so its recessed back 1" from the square baffle that mounts to the ski pass. The whole thing is shorter than the seat so it can fold.

Archived