Second Skin Audio

Infinite Baffle - will this work?

So the only question is how to attach to seat without screws?

Got a pic of the back side of the skihole?

looks like the guy in that link i posted used washers that somehow catch the ski pass. I have no idea how that is working. I dont see why I couldnt attach a 1/2 mdf board with the square cutout to the back of the seat. Then, attach the IB baffle with circle cutouts to that. Then I would rear mount the 10".

My big concern with what was in the pictures you linked would be how to seal everything up well. Any leaks from the trunk area into the cabin are going to cause cancellation and really decrease output.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

My big concern with what was in the pictures you linked would be how to seal everything up well. Any leaks from the trunk area into the cabin are going to cause cancellation and really decrease output.

I would need some type of gasket that seals to the seat or ski pass plastic when the wood gets screwed to the seat back.

I would need some type of gasket that seals to the seat or ski pass plastic when the wood gets screwed to the seat back.

Everything needs to be sealed, the trunk becomes the box. Since the seats fold, you would need some sort of gasket all around that. And, any holes the rear deck needs to be sealed. I know you want pretty, so gonna have to take your time,,,,,

,,,,or spray foam evrrywhere LOL

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Why not do some low power 8" or 6.5 inch subs (<500w) in the kick panels of your car? Having a trunk system is an issue for your car, so make your trunk look real good with the amps and wiring, and put the small subs in the kick panels, vented into the body.

Sounds like a good idea to me, maybe someone will chime in why subs playing 30+hz in the kicks is bad.

Archived