Second Skin Audio

Infinite Baffle - will this work?

If that opening is 9x7 you could have about 50sqin of port area after wood thickness is accounted for,

Could do a 4th order bandpass and port it through the ski hole with a single 10".

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I can't help with that but there are a few members here that Are really good at that stuff,

Triticum Agricolam and raptorman come to mind,

Maybe try pm'ing them for a design.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I can't help with that but there are a few members here that Are really good at that stuff,

Triticum Agricolam and raptorman come to mind,

Maybe try pm'ing them for a design.

Triticum and I have been going back and forth trying to make it work and nothing ever does.

I cant get my tuning low enough. Id be happy getting it down to 50hz. I gets complicated because i would need bends and that would suck with 0 common walls.

The trouble I kept running into is how to fit the port in the box. To get the tuning low enough it needs to be over 20" long, but the box can't be that deep so now there has to be bends in it. I spent quite a while trying to find a way to fold that thing, but nothing ever looked good. Its one of those things that I thought would be easy at first glance, but when you sit down to actually figure it out you realize how tough it really is. I wouldn't be surprised if someone can figure out something that will work, but I just ran out of ideas.

I'm still voting for a bandpass box and running two 4" ports out the top of the box and through the rear deck, but it doesn't sound like that will fit right either.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

So you're willing to hack up the rear deck, but won't put screws into rear seats?

Yes. I found a rare set of seats for my car so i really don't want to hack them up. The amount of metal i would be dremling isnt very much. Heck my deck is already hacked up. ha

This is one big puzzle I dont have an answer to yet.

I vote attach wood to ski hole to make it a port and attach sub(s) to port like a tunnel system, no sealing needed there. The other guy used screws and washers to hold the board the sub is mounted onto to the ski hole, plenty strong in an infinite baffle installation.

I dont think you need to worry about sealing the setup if you use an infinte baffle capable subwoofer, especially if you use the ski hole as a tunnel-style port. If you are worried about the screws failing to hold the port and sub weight you can put a foot under the port to hold it up as well.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived