Second Skin Audio

Need help deciding on a single 18 on 2k, looking for a punchy sounding sub

I listen to everything so I really enjoy punchy bass drums as well as the lows. Im considering an IA death penalty, AA mayhem, heard SSA subs sounded good with punch and accuracy too. I would rather have a sub with good punch and tonal clarity over just raw spl but of course want it a lil loud too. Anyone with experience with these feel free to share and all responses greatly appreciated!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was one of my first choices after hearing one and ppl said there were better options out there. Iv been out of the game for a while and doin a new build in my honda civic. I was definately impressed with the Q I heard and keep hearing good things about the SSA Xcon and zcon. Gonna buy a new amp and dont really wanna run more than 2k

Sundown ZV4 pounds, SSA's are great quality subs, always been a AA fan

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

You have a lot of great looking subs in that range, including the ones you have all ready listed. Here are a few more:

Ampere Audio AA-3.0v3's, DC Audio XL's, American Bass HD's or VFL's, Cresecendo Contralto's, Digital Designs 9500 series, SSA Evil's, SoundQubed HDC3 series and Fi SP4's.

Can we pick for u since no price range was given DD 9900 series would destroy but needs way more power 9500 awesome or VFL has there own line now and those look killer

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Make it fun put all the names in a hat and pick one , all those brands are awesome we all just have are preferences here could turn into a vs battle

I would not run some of those choices on only 2k

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Lol ok ya budget is not as important as quality since i just wanna run one good sub and was wanting a good daily setup that wont get too hot. Iv always ran a 4 sub setup and was worried about power compression with heating one coil so I want something that has superior cooling and durability and can take a lil abuse long term.

Lol ok ya budget is not as important as quality since i just wanna run one good sub and was wanting a good daily setup that wont get too hot. Iv always ran a 4 sub setup and was worried about power compression with heating one coil so I want something that has superior cooling and durability and can take a lil abuse long term.

Archived