Sundown Audio

i have a X15 v.2 d4 and i finally tossed it in a proper enclosure (~4.2ft^3, @~32hz)--it just slams. i have alpine type-r 6.5" components that are my ENTIRE front stage at the moment, but i have a pair of 6.5" neopro v2's that i haven't installed yet because they won't fit in the stock location.

my actual question is:

if i were to alter my door panels in my 2000 honda accord ex-l v6 sedan to accommodate both the neopros and the alpine mid-woofer (one neopro and one alpine mid per door), will that be enough cone area to bring the mid-bass up to par with the x15? the new box REALLY helps balance everything, but i am just a little foggy on what would satisfy the required mid-range so metal sounds good again. double kick in death/black metal isn't usually aided by deep 808 type bass tones, so it sounds pretty empty.

my door panels are super deadened with 100mil deadener and CCF, so i know i'm getting the best out of what i have now. just looking to raise the bar on brutal metal with my setup so i can be as happy with it as i am with rap and techno-ish stuff (bassnectar, etc.).

any suggestions or comments welcome.

thanks, guys!

-aaron

I would just make a good baffle for the neos. One in each door. Its all about the installation. And as stated above more is not always better

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

• 2 weeks later...

well, my issue is an awful loss in mid bass. i know many run into this issue. my X is on an scv-3k @ 2ohms and my alpine components are on a rf prime 600-4d 4ch @ 4 ohms (100w/ch). i was considering only using the neopros and leaving the alpine tweets then bridging the rf amp which would give 300w × 2. as long as i set the gains properly, would that work?