XS Power

Add a 3rd batt or replace 2 under hood. Voltage drop issue.

I have an 08 sierra with dual batts under hood. With new amp (sundown scv2000) im getting voltage drop especially turned up at idle, sitting still at stop light. Both batts under hood are Duracell 65ah each wirred in parrel. With a mechman ho 270.

Im not sure if i should replace those with xs power d3400s or add a xp3000 to the rear. Which do yo reccomend and why? Thanks guys!

Do you already have your big 3 done?

A dumb question to ask if you already have dual batts and a ho alt, but sometimes people wont, and you may have a dmax truck idk.

I would add an XP3000 in the rear. Nothing wrong with those Duracell's if they are AGM's. Once they crap out, ya a pair of D3400's.

With just a single scv-2k, and assuming a 4 channel, 3 batteries will be overkill with an AGM but it's always good to be overbuilt. Do you have a single run of 1/0 to the amp(s)?

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I dont believe they are agm just good ole basic lead acid i believe.

No diesel its a 1/2 ton. But the 07-13 has a voltage sensor so you are not supposed to do big 3 as the ecu monitors alt output through that sensor and adjust as needed for economy. Dumb imo! This is per mechman. However when the alt was installed per there i structions it would not charge properly so i put the factory ground to frame and mktor back with upgraded 2/0 from alt to batt. That fixed that issue but i plan to upgrade those factory grounds so basically perform big 3. Its a mess of an explanation.

Yes 1 run of 2/0 to rear for sub amp and one run of 4gauge for 4 channel however i want to do a 2nd run of 2/0 if i do xp3000 in rear and the dual off that to the bass amp.

• 2 weeks later...

AGM are still lead acid. 07+ might have the sensor but 05+ are PCM controlled, or vice versa...i forget

I messed around with exactly what you are now and my voltage would be fine for a while then it would go way low, then high again, it was weird, until I did exactly what Mechman had said it stayed fluctuating.

I now just run 2 separate charging systems and don't deal with it by leaving the factory charging system alone. :madsign:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0