Second Skin Audio

need opinions on what direction i should take for subwoofers

mike-g

I traded my hdc4 12 for 4 15" sundown sa d4.my delima is that I don't have the room to run them all,I could fit 2 in my trunk,but my amps are 2 crossfire bmf1000's,1000 @1ohm, 2000 @2ohm strapped. Anyone know if these amps could handle 1ohm strapped,.5 each.I have a guy offering 2 custom hdc3d2 15,straight trade he covers shipping, another guy has 2 15d2 v2 tantric with rd motors straight trade or 450$,another guy wants to buy them for 550$.I'm not really looking to run 4-6k in power because of what all comes with that(electrical).really would like to use the amps I have. What would y'all choose to do given the same amps,and choices of sub's, I'm thinking the 2 15 sa on 1k because of the amps I have, maybe strapped @.5 but probably not.would the sa be more efficient with low power vrs the other sub choices. Would they still sound decent on 4-500w each or less because of rise

That crossfire is a good amp and underrated. It will make close to 1,200 and give you the 600 rated watts you need for the SA. They will sound good on your amp. I run a single SA-12 and think they are a very musical sub.

1999 Chevy Blazer LT 4x4 4door

2 Sundown ZV5-15s

Orion HCCA5000.1D

6 Group 31 AGMs with bussbars

Mechman 370 Elite

All 2/0 Welding cable

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS

I would run 2 subs and use 1 amp per sub they can handle it.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I would run 2 subs and use 1 amp per sub they can handle it.

Good call. I didnt notice that he had two of those amps. Definitely run 1 amp per sub. Each sub can handle 2k daily. I have 1,600 RMS going to my SA-12 and it loves the power. I can run it all day with no problems. You will need clean power, so make sure you have your amps tuned. It makes a big difference.

1999 Chevy Blazer LT 4x4 4door

2 Sundown ZV5-15s

Orion HCCA5000.1D

6 Group 31 AGMs with bussbars

Mechman 370 Elite

All 2/0 Welding cable

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS

Archived