Amp problem help...

Alright so i have a 1000.1 memphis class d amplifier running 4 kicker comp 15's (250 RMS) ( I know beginner subs). I am also running a xs power d3400 battery with all 0 gauge. sorry about the useless info I'm just trying to be specific anyways the problem I'm having is the gain knob setting on the amp seems like it is making a connection then disconnecting. for example ill be driving and listening with the volume at the normal volume as usual and it is hitting hard and it cuts down to about 50% of the amount of bass then back to 100% and back down and so on. I thought that i had a lose connection back at the amp or something, so i checked and everything was tight and fully connected, so the next thing i done was mess with the gain knob and when i slightly press/turn the knob either way it makes a weird/crunching noise through the subs( no buzzing). If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I was also wondering if i could install a bass/gain knob and maybe it would bypass the gain knob on the amp. I'm not exactly sure on how they work. thanks in advance!

I have an old Fosgate 1000bd that does the same thing like something in the amp is hurt. Maybe you could get an RCA cord that plugs into your phone to bypass your head unit. If it still does it then its inside the amp. Unless you have a woofer that is stuck or something wrong with a voice coil. I have a pair of C15s that I ran back in the day. Sealed in an 8 cubic foot box, man they sounded good. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I have an old Fosgate 1000bd that does the same thing like something in the amp is hurt. Maybe you could get an RCA cord that plugs into your phone to bypass your head unit. If it still does it then its inside the amp. Unless you have a woofer that is stuck or something wrong with a voice coil. I have a pair of C15s that I ran back in the day. Sealed in an 8 cubic foot box, man they sounded good. lol

thats exactly what it seems like. thats also a good idea to troubleshoot. i really hope it isnt anything with the woofers. yea they do sound great for there price

Archived