Second Skin Audio

2 Sundown Sa 12s box design help!

mike12

Hello I'm looking for a slotted port box design around 34hz for 2 sundown sa-12s.

Its a trunk car and has max outside dimensions of 34"wide 15"height and the depth can be no greater than 22"

Subs will be firing back towards trunk powered by an ampere 2000w amp, would like the port to be firing back as well.

If anyone has designs or will help me create one i'd appreciate your help!

Thanks!

So here is a suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2sa12.jpg

tportsingle.jpg

Yes, as noted the figure is just an assembly guide, extensions are close to two inches.

ok i appreciate this design, if i wanted the port off to one side (still facing same way as subs) would i just add the length of the 2 extension pieces together?

like this pic

4_0_MSW_212_ROUND_Box_3.jpg

So here is a suggestion, port on the side, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2sa12.jpg

2x%20pio%20pic_zpswzubm20k.jpg

Archived