Sonic Electronix

Speaker and Power Wire Size Recommendations

Hey guys, I've got an Fusion CA-DA12250 pushing 500WRMS @ 4Ohms and am adding an Alpine MRP-F300 for the door speakers.

I need to know what size cable I should run from my battery to the back (16 feet), which is then going to get split to both amps. I am currently wiring my 1/0 welding wire under the hood for the big 3 so I should be getting my maximum charging potential.

As well, what size speaker wire for the door speakers should I use? I'm thinking 16 gauge should be good since I'm running 12 gauge for the subwoofer on 500WRMS.

Thanks so much for any help in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

-Spenny, Moosey

I'd just lay a run of 1/0 now so that it'll be there when you wanna trade that amp for something larger.

Would 0 gauge do the trick as well? I'm having trouble finding a reasonably priced fuse holder for 1/0 that ships to Canada, but have found plenty of 0 gauge fuse holders for around $10-20 dollars.

0 AWG is 1/0 AWG. Give us a shot - we ship to Canada! And . . . SMD Members get 10% off all purchases - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/182828-smd-members-get-10-off-all-purchases/

Lol, I forgot I put this comment up. Did some reasearch after and figured out that same thing. I thought for the longest time that 1/0 was bigger than 0 because it seemed like everyone terms it differently. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm checking out that electronics site right now.

Archived