Sundown Audio

twisted sounds 2.8k came in !!!

Bayuk89

To nasty - ahhh they dont even have 15 minutes of play on this new amp. As the hip hop culture would say " you thirsty " haha

Broke audio - i dipped down to 12 volts even on one song... I got a cheapie CT sounds digital voltmeter that is on my dash with direct connect to my sub power and ground so i see exactly what the amp is getting.

Going from 0 db to -5 db was less than 1/8 th of a turn on the gain... Prolly just gonna tune 0 dB tomorrow to reduce the output and not have the amp pull so much juice. till i upgrade my ALT i do have a second battery in my truck tool box, maybe i will add a third. Even at 0 dB i would assume this amp would still put out 2k or more cuz its rated 2.8k @ 12 volts or 12.8 volts IDK which one.

You need more reserve and or more alt,

A few volts will make a big difference.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yea its next on my list, i knew it when i bought the 2.8K... Im gonna tune 0 db tomorrow till i get the electrical straighened out. I know even though at 0 db its gonna pull some juice but not as much as -5 db or -10 db

Yea its next on my list, i knew it when i bought the 2.8K... Im gonna tune 0 db tomorrow till i get the electrical straighened out. I know even though at 0 db its gonna pull some juice but not as much as -5 db or -10 db

0db is worthless... go to -2.5 if your gonna go below -5 ... odb on subs is worthless....

I mean you cant fault him for taking it easy on the gain when he has enough power to pop the woofers, and electrical setup that is not up to par for the amp.

IMO he is making the right decision by having a low gain setting until he gets more upgrades to the electrical system. Unlike some people that blew their woofers in 5 days because they came DOA...............

or, just set to -5 and play 4 clicks down..... or be smart with your pac knob........ ive never seen anyone (using a 10k on one sub) use the 0db track.. but....... hey if you want go for it

I dont use any bass knobs, i just tune clean and if a song is too "hot" i just minus a few clicks on my sub out on the HU

Where do you get "10k on one sub" from ?

Archived