Second Skin Audio

I Blew Both My American Bass HDs in 5 days...smh

Do you honestly think people will give everything they have ever learned in this hobby to you?

Starting small and growing over time takes a quicker learning curve than jumping straight into big boy territory where you know nothing of what it takes to get there.

So good luck on all your blown subs.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

man just fucking read and dont stop reading. learn as much as you fucking can.

even after everything i learned i still pretty much copied one of the builds orionstang had in his mustang.

and

steves tools are fucking awesome, get them. i know they saved my gear, spent a couple hundo to save a few thousand worth of gear.

im okay with that.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

Lets start with.

You have no idea what your talking about and no idea if your amp is even clipping, which it was no matter what you say.

You have no proof to say it was not clipping, and no logical reason what clipping was until someone told you that voltage is only 1 way you can clip your amp.

Continuing on your amp is not 5000 watts rms.

the 5000 watts rms at 1 ohm is a BULLSHIT rating from Orion which is now a crap company that is owned by MD Audio Engineering which also brings you the same shit brands Lanzar and Pyramid..

Dont believe me, look for yourself. http://www.mdaudio.net/about_us.php

Im honestly surprised these HCCA amps are still Korean made and not Chinese...

Going forward yet again if you take the time to goto orions site and look at the spec sheets for the orion 5000.1D you will see these inflated ratings of power at 12.6volts at .5%THD:

HCCA5000.1D_1.jpg

That being said Orion is CEA complient, and if you use this link to read the manual for the orion amp (found here http://www.orioncaraudio.com/attachment.php?id_attachment=111 )

Better yet here the image is directly

BKBUuR.png

From the CEA testing you will see that amp only makes 1900 watts rms @ 4ohms.

Also from the CEA testing you will that it only makes 4000 watts rms @ 1 ohm.

Now the thing to keep in mind that CEA testing is done with 14.4 volts with 1% THD or less.
My question is why is a legit test from CEA lower than Orions claims...
CEA is testing the amp at 1.8 volts higher than Orion therefore the amplifiers being tested by CEA should make substantially more power, not less.

So if this still makes no sense to you...

Orion claims at 12.6volts the amp will make 5480 watts rms at 1ohm with 1% thd or less.

Orion claims at 14.4volts the amp will make 7180 watts rms at 1ohm with 1% thd or less.

CEA certifies the amp at 14.4 volts the amp will make 4000 watts rms at 1ohm with 1% thd or less.

Orion is claiming almost double the power at 14.4 volts than a legit testing facility......

Now Im not even going to get into impedance rise and all that fun stuff because you will have no idea what that is...

But just so you know, if your woofers even seen 3000 watts rms of actual power after impedance rise I would be impressed because I dont see that happening.

PS: you killed your woofers in 5 days from user error and clipping.

No your subs are not DOA, if they where DOA they wouldnt of lasted 5 days.

You can continue to say that your gain was almost all the way down, but every experienced user here knows that is not the case and you are lying. I bet that thing was turned up to at least 3/4 and bassboost set halfway up. So every time you try and lie about it your just making yourself look stupid. Your not the first person nor will you be the last person to use that lie. Manufactures know it all too well to, and once they get a sub back for warranty and tear it apart they will know how it fried and if it was from parts failure or user neglect.
Many of us had made stupid similar mistakes, learned and moved on. We dont keep telling the same BS lie over and over assuming that people are starting to believe it.

Let me put it another way.

Lying to us is like lying to your Probation officer...

You go in to his office for your weekly or monthly visit.

He asked you have you smoked any marijuana at all?

You reply to him no I haven't and quit that months ago.

Your Probation officer hands you a cup and stands there looking at your dick as you fill it up.

1 minute later it tests positive for THC and your confronted, but now your saying nah man I havent smoked but I was in the car with my homies and got a contact buzz..

Yet the Probation Officer and everyone else knows that the contact buzz will not show up in the test unless you where smoking on that blunt yourself...

Buy a good amp , u got good subs how about AB 200.1, Don't be cheap and your problems just magically go away .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

head unit is not exempt to this distortion can be caused by over boosting certain frequencies, "most" bass boost setting on a h/u cause clipping/distortion same goes for sublevel

do your research

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

1 minute later it tests positive for THC and your confronted, but now your saying nah man I havent smoked but I was in the car with my homies and got a contact buzz..

Yet the Probation Officer and everyone else knows that the contact buzz will not show up in the test unless you where smoking on that blunt yourself...

I know a guy who claimed a car full of smokers came through his taco bell drive thru job and the fumes caused him to fail the test

I know a guy who claimed a car full of smokers came through his taco bell drive thru job and the fumes caused him to fail the test

image_zps7ugvyrki.jpeg

Are people actually feeding this troll? I've had him on ignore since day 1, LMAO

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Isn't this the junk drawer??

Thread looks like it's in subwoofers / enclosures to me ...

Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived