Bagging 06 escalade EXT vs Dropping it with norcalss's kit

If I DONT care about laying it out on my 26s would installing air ride be much more involved/expensive than say the 3/5 kit norcalss offers?

Its awd although I could care a less about ever using it. I know meade did chickens however that tucks quite a bit.

Also since its an EXT (truck) version, would that make it easier for the install since the compressor and tank ect. could just go in the bed?

Any suggestions welcome. I live in VA BEACH, VA and don't really know of any shops that do it on the regular.

Thanks as always guys

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

4 Ampere 6.5 components 4 tweets

Ampere 150.4 way

Norcal SS Custom 3/5 Lowering Kit with 3inch Lower Control Arms

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

If I DONT care about laying it out on my 26s would installing air ride be much more involved/expensive than say the 3/5 kit norcalss offers?

If you don't want it laid out like Chicken's, why do you want air ride?

More expensive. A lot more expensive. More maintenance. More to fail, some of which may leave you stranded/undrive-able depending on how it sits aired down.

I'm all for air ride systems IF you have the knowledge to maintain and repair yourself and you go into it with your eyes open. They're versatile if needed, ride good (although shocks wear quickly), and are great for parking hard when the time comes. I've installed many, many static and equally as many air setups as an aftermarket installer and my personal vehicles are all static now. Especially anything daily driven. I never have a need to raise them up, and I certainly don't want them raised, ever. I lowered them so they are lowered all the time.

Use soft bump stops with correct shocks and Norcal's kits will ride great, if that was the concern. The bump stops are an integral and often overlooked part of any suspension system. NEVER let metal hit metal, and I personally don't use poly bump stops, other than a select few applications (the front of your truck is one--lots of leverage on the bump stop because it's nearer the pivot point of the lower arm, so it's not as harsh as an axle would be). I've actually found some cheap OEM bumps from Mopar with threaded studs on them that work in most rear applications. I trim them for height as needed.

Static drops are my bag.

Jk13 thanks a lot man!

Yea my truck is a daily so with all the information you provided i'm going to go with norcals

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

Ampere 150.4 way

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

Steves Tahoe doesn't lay frame, any idea why he went with ride tech instead of doing a static setup? Ride quality?

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

Ampere 150.4 way

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

Can you elaborate ToNasty as to what a lift shackle is?

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

Ampere 150.4 way

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

Steve did a great write-up with lots of pics (as usual) in the project anti-gap 2 thread. That truck will be identical to yours mechanically. You will have to use shorter sensor linkage and/or spacers for your air ride to work properly that they didn't have to. Tons if info out there on that, but I'm sure Tony has you covered, just call him up.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/205744-project-anti-gap-2-lowering-a-2002-gmc-yukon-4wd-35/?hl=+project%20+anti#8208gap

Static drops are my bag.

Archived