Some Questions

XflAQ

Excuse my 'noobiness' but I desire a very clean and crisp sound system. I am still researching though I just want to double-check I am going in the right direction as I'll be installing everything myself. I will also follow the pinned thread from Steve in this section to help later on.

I also have a few questions which I'll ask below my setup.

Setup:

Pioneer DEH-80prs HU (haven't bought yet)

2 HDS315s D2 on an AQ2200.2 - Box will be 9ft^3 tuned to 35-40 hz (haven't decided)

4 PRV 6MB200-4s (there is also an 8-ohm version but these are 4-ohms) (100w RMS)

2 PRV TW450ti Tweeters (80w RMS)

Q4-90 or Q4-120 (haven't decided; questions will follow)

#1: With 4 mids and 2 tweeters going to a 4-channel amp, shall I use Channels 1 and 2 for the tweeters and 3 + 4 for my mids? If this is the case, and this is probably a dumb question, would the output be split in half for each speaker? Say I go with Q4-90 which will give an output of 90x4 @4-ohms. So will Channel 3 (same with 4) give 90 watts to each speaker (two speakers in the channel) still or 45 watts?

#2: The 6.5" cover the frequency range of 140-4,500 Hz. This is probably an extreme stupid question but will my mids cover below 140 hz if I set my amp settings (has X-over built in)? I ask because if my subs are 35.66 F(s) and, lets say, my box will be tuned to 37Hz and my box will be designed for lower Hz then my subs wouldn't probably sound efficient in my box if I set my LPF above 80? I just want to know if I'll be able to cover a full frequency range without skipping any Hz. My tweeters are 3,500-20,000 Hz.

#3: I am sound deadening my entire truck at the moment; I am deadening the roof and the inside/outside of my doors. Now, I ask is it very worth it to deaden your floorboard or up to the person? I probably will but felt like I should ask.

#4: Is the Big-Four a big difference to the Big-Three? If so, I'll do the Big-Four but if not then I'll be satisfied with the Big-Three.

#5: The Pioneer DEH-80prs HU has a 3-way active crossover. Exactly what should I do with this? Match it to my amplifier settings on each?

I understand these are probably easy answer questions but help with these questions will help me overall. I am going to be the install myself and I'm not just going to toss shit in there and call it a day. I care a lot about my sound and will do everything to make my system as clean as possible.

I greatly appreciate any help offered! Thanks. Also, apologies if this is in the wrong section but I am overall aiming for SQ.

I can not search on this phone ... according to your given specs, those are the wrong drivers for a sound quality setup.

Way too many gaps in the frequency scale. I would search out different drivers.

Tweeters 20k - 2600 htz

Midrange 2600 htz - 250 htz

Midbass 250 htz - 70 htz

Sub bass 70 htz - 20 htz

Good starting reference and tune from there.

Also, I would go 6 channels of application for front beings you are going with an active capable head unit.

Sub bass (if for sound quality) ... tune lower my brother.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

PRV are not a quality sq speaker at all. Fine for SPL. Research other drivers.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I can not search on this phone ... according to your given specs, those are the wrong drivers for a sound quality setup.

Way too many gaps in the frequency scale. I would search out different drivers.

Tweeters 20k - 2600 htz

Midrange 2600 htz - 250 htz

Midbass 250 htz - 70 htz

Sub bass 70 htz - 20 htz

Good starting reference and tune from there.

Also, I would go 6 channels of application for front beings you are going with an active capable head unit.

Sub bass (if for sound quality) ... tune lower my brother.

Thanks! For the Mid-bass to Mid-range frequencies, could I do two and two (two in front; two in rear) or would it be better to have four speakers that cover both Mid-range/bass? Also, do you have a suggestion as for how low I should tune my box to? Should I go as low as 30 Hz as then I'll be able to play as low as ~23hz in music and I assume cut off to be around 70Hz, yes?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean regarding your second to last response.

Btw, I appreciate the help A LOT.

PRV are not a quality sq speaker at all. Fine for SPL. Research other drivers.

Ahhh I see! I was thinking about just making my whole system Soundqubed, however, their 6.5" range is 80Hz-8,000Hz; Tweeters too. Good? Nah? Any recommendations that would be worth for me to look at? Thank you too!!!!

I do appreciate the help and advice. I cannot express that enough.

All depends on application.

What type of vehicle are we working with here ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

All depends on application.

What type of vehicle are we working with here ???

2000 Nissan Frontier SE V6 3.3L

Other info:

320 amp Singer Alt

XS Power D2400

Box room available: 45H x 38W x 25D

Currently I have my box facing up (bandpass box) With this new box I plan to have a port on the driver's side facing towards me and not to the roof.

On those small SUV's, I've always found that subs back /port back worked best tuned around 24 - 28 htz. But then again, that's just me.

Honestly, when working with a sound quality based a system ... sub bass should be the last thing to worry about. Just saying

On those small SUV's, I've always found that subs back /port back worked best tuned around 24 - 28 htz. But then again, that's just me.

Honestly, when working with a sound quality based a system ... sub bass should be the last thing to worry about. Just saying

Exactly. I am more focused on my mids and highs than my subs. I know my subs will hit them lows and do fine but I just want to find decent mids/highs to blend in and/or slightly over-power my lows. However, this is my first time with all of this and I just want to be sure I am going the right direction. I just don't know what would be best, like two drivers for each range? Basically what I am asking is how to find sq speakers and tweeters to cover all frequencies that would blend with my 2 15s. Like should I get four 6.5" that cover the whole mid-frequency range or should I get two 6.5" for mid-range and two 8-10" for Mid-bass. I haven't bought any mids or tweeters yet.

Also, in OP @ #5, was your response to use 6 channel of applications for that? If so, could you elaborate more for me please?

The more you explain, the less sound quality oriented and more ... mids and highs to keep up with my bass.

... but I want a clean and clear sound ...

Hard to get. Well, so it seems.

I looking up your vehicle to see what you are working with.

From what I'm reading ... you will need ALOT of amplifier power.

Archived