Sonic Electronix

Ok so I have a massive audio hippo 15 in a 4.75cuft ported box I had it on a 2011 power aucustik BAMF 2k rms. This was before I entered the airforce and knew a fraction of what I know now about car audio, weather or not it saw over 1.2k is hard to say. But with that being said I've been shipped all over the country and now I'm over seas and like any bass head fantasizing about my next build. Now what do you all think ? Stick with the hippo and give it true 2k or go with two 1k 15's

Cone area is king. The two 15s would be louder. Also, four 15s in sealed boxes might only need 2 cubes each and might be even louder. They could possibly give the flattest response as well.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I'm over seas right now so I'm getting a vehicle when I get back probably and SUV if not a Ford Fusion cause they have big ass trunks. But if two 15's then what kind. I've looked at American bass XFL's. Psi platform 1's. DC lvl 3's. Price isn't an issue cause I'll have plenty of money when I get back. But my end goal is to get a second car and wall it with 4-15's. With two b2250's

The 2 15's with 1K each will definitely be louder in the right enclosure.

I would focus more on your amplifier. That Power Acoustik amp needs to be replaced and I would personally stay away from Crescendo from all of the customer service issues i've ran across.

Well I've look at a lot of dyno tests and a lot of research and personally I think it's the best bang for your buck and it will put iut the numbers it says. And Ima get all my stuff through JP at down4sound. I've don't business with him before and he's awesome. And ya I'm putting together a whole new set up all 0gauge 4707 count 100% ofc big 3 and for my runs paired with a Xs D3400. And I'll get a custome box made and I won't be cheap with it. And if I should go 2 15's them what two should I get? I've looked at many brands I just don't know what's best

Twisted Sounds gives ya the most power for the money. If your going through that site, i'd suggest Ampere Audio.

For an extra $50 you can get a nendo which has some awesome specs compared to either of those two.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm