Upgrading my computer

Looking to upgrade some internals in my computer. Will probably start buying in September.

Currently I have:

GeForce GTX 660

16 GB ram.

Intel I7- 3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

I think it's a Gigabit motherboard that wasn't too expensive.

750W power supply, yes I know it's overkill

No Additional fans were added to my case.

Case is a Cooler Master

256GB SSD hard drive

1 TB Disk drive

I don't do a ton of gaming but would like to be able to play games decently. Would like to keep upgrades under $1000 but may be willing to go a little higher.

Suggestions?

Do you have any more info on your ram, memory speeds and cas latencies? Also, if you can provide the exact case that would be awesome.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

download and run CPU-z ... then screenshot that and post the different tabs..... $1000 in upgrades might not be necessary.... honestly new GPU maybe.... CPU might be where you spend monies... big maybe on that though

Looking to upgrade some internals in my computer. Will probably start buying in September.

Currently I have:

GeForce GTX 660

16 GB ram.

Intel I7- 3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

I think it's a Gigabit motherboard that wasn't too expensive.

750W power supply, yes I know it's overkill

No Additional fans were added to my case.

Case is a Cooler Master

256GB SSD hard drive

1 TB Disk drive

I don't do a ton of gaming but would like to be able to play games decently. Would like to keep upgrades under $1000 but may be willing to go a little higher.

Suggestions?

Do you have any more info on your ram, memory speeds and cas latencies? Also, if you can provide the exact case that would be awesome.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Would love to download it but was doing some updates last night and now the computer won't turn on. Starts up and runs for a second but turns off right away.

I think I had DDR4 ram though. Can't remember exactly, have the packaging upstairs with the case number too.

Would love to download it but was doing some updates last night and now the computer won't turn on. Starts up and runs for a second but turns off right away.

I think I had DDR4 ram though. Can't remember exactly, have the packaging upstairs with the case number too.

How long does it stay on for? If it is on long enough check the setting, turn hard disk off after x minutes.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Lmfao well that is fucked up, hooray for Windows up dates. Yeah try and find that ram box to see what kind it is exactly. I don't think it is DDR4 because that processor is old. I'll look more into it when I'm home.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 weeks later...

That looks like a power supply issue to me. I would suggest running a RMA on that power supply.

If you are looking for upgrades, I highly suggest putting your money into your video card. Something like a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 and call it a day.

The Z77 is a great platform. The i7 3770K is still a solid processor... The only reason to upgrade to a Z170 platform is if you want a M.2 SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd do this.... unplug the computer power from wall outlet... hold down power button on case for 30sec - 1 minute.... plug wall outlet... try again... it def sounds like PSU.. sometimes happens to me after a brown-out or loss of electricity at my place

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived