Any loud 2 door Blazers?

Has anyone done a build in a 2 door Blazer that has gotten loud? I am helping a friend of mine and he would like to keep the enclosure behind the rear seats to compete in a class that requires him to do so. He is at a 149.9 at the moment with 2 15's and 2500 watts of power, but to me it seems that this vehicle should get much much louder. We did do a single 18" sub with around 4K watts that did a 150.7, but that was with a throw away box that was just sitting around.

From what I can tell most of the really loud installs come from the 4 door versions of this vehicle. I am not sure what is going on because I could take half of the cone area that he has and half the power and do a 151.3 in my ZX3. I know we are talking a hatchback vs an SUV, but I have always heard that these are easy vehicles to get loud. So anyone out there get one above a 154 or better with the enclosure behind the rear seats? The year is a 2004.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived