Sonic Electronix

So I bought a apcl1500 the other day and it just come in the mail. I've had my subs run on 3 different amps with no issues but I had them wired to 4 ohms now I've switched wiring to 1 ohm and the subs have engine noise. It follows engine speed, but if I run stereo with out engine running it doesn't happen. Is it a issue with the amp or is it the way I wired them? The amp is also very punchy almost as if the sensitivity is way to High but ive turned it down and it does not help. Where as with any other amp volume 30/60 is moderate where now it is way louder. Also if I go in my head unit and cut the sub woofer off on the head unit it does not cut off, the signal stops but the amp is still on and the engine noise continues.. I'm lost please help.. like I've said I've had this system 2 xfl d4s run at 4 ohm bridged on 3 different amps with no issue but now I'm running them wired to 1 ohm and there doing this I don't understand

Try to narrow down what the problem could be, first try to hook up an rca to 3.5 mm straight to the amp and plug it in your phone and see if there is noise, if it checks good try replacing your rcas from the headunit to the amp, could be a pinch somewhere...try that first and report back so we can help troubleshoot it some more...

guys it wont be the RCA if the amp stays on while the headunit is powered off

only time Ive seen an amp stay on with the radio off is when the power wire to the amp has a loose strand that is touching the remote input on the amp

Where could I order a rca like your talking about to hook to my ohone? I have to order everything because I'm on house arrest so I can't go to the store.. sucks but works lol. And I'll check the power and remote wire but the only other thing I changed was I uses some tool maker 1/0 to 4 GA amp inputs. Maybe I was in a hurry and had a strand pop out I'll double check after work. Thanks for the replies I'll update today

Also I don't know if I put it but the way my head unit works, cheap pioneer, is the bass is on 80hz and it adjusts -24/+24 so I usually run -2 but with this noise if I put it to -24 the subs still run pretty good, it's almost as if nothing on the head unit is sending signal but the volume goes up and down. And even with the volume off and phone unplugged the subs are literally thumping to the engine. I'm gonna check my ground, power and remote wires, and swap the rca but I don't think it's the rca because I've run 3 other amps with no issue. But this is a used amp so idk if maybe there's a issue with the amp itself. I'll check all this stuff and hopefully get it fixed today. It's pretty aggravating

Unplug the RCA from the amp and see if it goes away.i think pioneer has an internal fuse on the RCA ground and hot swapping the RCA's can blow it. Check the RCA ground at the head unit with a meter.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived