Sonic Electronix

guys it wont be the RCA if the amp stays on while the headunit is powered off

only time Ive seen an amp stay on with the radio off is when the power wire to the amp has a loose strand that is touching the remote input on the amp

He didn't turn the radio off tho, just the sub option on the radio...

Where could I order a rca like your talking about to hook to my ohone? I have to order everything because I'm on house arrest so I can't go to the store.. sucks but works lol. And I'll check the power and remote wire but the only other thing I changed was I uses some tool maker 1/0 to 4 GA amp inputs. Maybe I was in a hurry and had a strand pop out I'll double check after work. Thanks for the replies I'll update today

Amazon

If you were hooking/unhooking RCA's while the headunit had power then you most likely blew the Pico fuse inside your pioneer. This is a common problem that is hard to fix, but you might be able to bandaid it. Search "blown pico fuse" here and on Google.

That could be my problem because I did plug and unplug the rcas with the stereo on the other day, unfortunately I was unaware that could cause issues. If it's that bad I'll just get a new head unit, hopefully that's not the case but it's not sounding good because I've not had this problem until I swapped the rcas the other day and now I hook this new amp up and it's got problems.

But if you turn the motor off, and just key on the stereo there is no noise?

if the noise goes away, when the motor is not running, then the head unit is fine..... in my head. Noise only when running, is a different problem than the pico issue. :unknw:

if the pico let go, there would be noise all the time in my thinking.

Yes if I cut the engine off it stops, but there is a hiss coming through the door speakers at all times. But right now I got it sort of rigged with 16 kenwood running off two rear channels so 8 speakers per channel. Maybe that is some of the problem. But the pico fuse makes alot of sense. I've had the 16 kenwoods running since I put the stereo in with no issues other than a faint hiss but it doesn't get louder or anything its just a faint hiss when the volume is on 0.

The faint hiss sounds like your gain is too high.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived