need help figuring which crown amp for my subs

So my setup consists of two Alpine type R's and right now powered off a car amplifier in my home and as you can already guess that is not a sufficient way of powering these sine the amp is only running off a 40Amp power supply not a 300amp alternator.

So my question is if i want to buy a PA amplifier and im looking at Crown, which should i buy? Crown XTi? I'm lost which are which. Each subwoofer is only 1000w RMS

I already have a gemini PA amplifier for my Crescendo 8" mid drivers and the whole mix board and cross over. Just need a new amp to get the full potential of my subwoofers?

The subwoofers are currently both in a large box but soon i'll be building two separate larger boxes that are to spec for the CuFT and place each box in separate corners of the room. But Just need to start with the amp upgrade. So if anyone has a suggestion hmu.

My behringer crossover only has a single subwoofer output running from XLR to rca for my current amp so not sure how some of those dual xlr amps will connect to my crossover so ill need an answer for that..

I'd also like to leave enough power room for Steve's new subwoofer line-up whenever he releases those mini 12"s ill be ordering a pair, and i think he said in a video that each subwoofer would be about 1600W but i may be mistaken.

The car amp im using is the CAB (Car Audio Bargain) amp that Steve did a review on, which delivers on the book 1600W but we all know now that it delivers way more than that when you're actually powering it correctly.

Sorry for such a long post. Just trying to get all the questions out in one post.

I use the inuke 6000 four channel. It can do 2 ohms or you can bridge it on 4 ohms.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Crown amps are expensive if you are sure that you want to go down this route. The best amp for the best price that i see is the XTi 2 4002 which offer an xlr input and deliver 1600w @ 2ohms,1200w @ 4ohms,650w @ 8ohms. But im not to sure of this is considered rms or peak power. Another one is the CDi 4000 it delivers the same output as the XTi 2 4002. But its input out seems to use some type of wire harness. Both have a higher models if you want more power.

XTi 2 amps

http://www.crownaudio.com/en-US/product_families/xti-2-series

CDi amps

http://www.crownaudio.com/en-US/product_families/cdi-series

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

Well XTi sounds like the better option, but are the wattages per channel? Or is it talking like 1000w split for two channels? That's where im confused with these amps. If i look at bridged it says 2000w (talking about the XTi 2002 model).

Well lets just say forget about the Alpine subs because i'll be getting rid of them as soon as i get my hands on the mini 12"s

So what ohm are his new subs going to be?

If Crown maybe isnt the right way to go so i wouldnt be spending 1k on just an amplifier what other brand would someone suggest? Not making this a vs post but still just curious what other options. New to the pro audio stuff, but also know what im doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well XTi sounds like the better option, but are the wattages per channel? Or is it talking like 1000w split for two channels? That's where im confused with these amps. If i look at bridged it says 2000w (talking about the XTi 2002 model).

Well lets just say forget about the Alpine subs because i'll be getting rid of them as soon as i get my hands on the mini 12"s

So what ohm are his new subs going to be?

If Crown maybe isnt the right way to go so i wouldnt be spending 1k on just an amplifier what other brand would someone suggest? Not making this a vs post but still just curious what other options. New to the pro audio stuff, but also know what im doing.

iNuke3000dsp

The iNuke 6000 four channel will do 2 ohms on each channel.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Also a nice line is the XLS DriveCore 2 series, they have rca inputs and can be switched between 1.4vrms (pro level input) or .775vrms (home equipment level input) so you dont have to spend extra on a small mixer or line driver to get full potential out of them plus the remote trigger connection is a super nice feature especially if you home receiver has a trigger output so you can leave the amp on all the time and it will turn on and off with the trigger signal from your receiver after some rigging with a relay or trigger box.

Archived