XS Power

XS Power lost a customer today...

Did you read the warranty statement? I'd have to agree with a few others that you should figure out for yourself what the problem is before blaming the vendor. Looking forward to see you do an exact repeat test with another battery to see if it drains over the same time period under the same conditions. Document your findings here because we are interested.

But that's not the point he is making. He's already said that he understands that there is probably a draw somewhere. He's saying that his customer service experience was bad. They told him to buy the s3400 from them so it would be in warranty after he described his situation and when his s3400 died they didn't hold to the warranty they said would be with this new battery. He's not blaming XS for the battery being dead.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Did you read the warranty statement? I'd have to agree with a few others that you should figure out for yourself what the problem is before blaming the vendor. Looking forward to see you do an exact repeat test with another battery to see if it drains over the same time period under the same conditions. Document your findings here because we are interested.

But that's not the point he is making. He's already said that he understands that there is probably a draw somewhere. He's saying that his customer service experience was bad. They told him to buy the s3400 from them so it would be in warranty after he described his situation and when his s3400 died they didn't hold to the warranty they said would be with this new battery. He's not blaming XS for the battery being dead.

It is in warranty though, there just isn't anything wrong with the battery. Or am I not understanding something?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

There are known problems with the ignition switches on our platform. That could be your problem where it is making contact just enough to have current draw that is killing your battery but not enough contact to keep components on. If anything I would really go and track it down through your truck. You can try to disconnect the power wire for the rear fuse box and see what the current draw is with only the front fusebox connected. Then leave it sit. The rear fusebox isn't for anything that particular. The front one under the hood is for your engine/tranny, etc. I only had one battery fail from them in my envoy and it was the s3400 I had under the hood. The terminals out of nowhere started to leak and I didn't touch them or even get close to torquing the terminal bolt down to the limit from the factory. It was 3 years old and past warranty so I said screw it and bought a d3400 for its place and it works fine.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

they must of misunderstood you when you called last time... there is nothing wrong with the battery to honor the warranty it is technically neglect to not make sure its being charged and not drained to the point of what you said 6 volts your fault not the batteries or the companies .. yet again someone else blaming the wrong party

Edited by CstrokerV
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Already ate the D3400, then bought the S3400 from them as to get warranty. Whether is drained over a month or not, warranty that bish otherwise it will cost you lots of money (customers). look at what all the OP has bought from them and think about all the people gonna 2nd guess XS Power after this. I had one leaking battery i had to eat, then another one that they did warranty. Is their quality going downhill? Although I have run about as many XS Power as OP (couple dozen+). Because the OP realizes it was parasitic draw but because company told him how and what to buy to get warranty I tend to side with OP on this one. Did what they said to do, now eating 2 batteries, fuck all that shit.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I missed the true point of this I guess.

I still think you should try to bring it back and if it is then dead go from there.

Basically you have run your batt through a deep cycle. It helped mine and they rest 0.2 volts better now after I ran mine through the deep cycle

1349713160_rte.png

I remember chickens caddy needing all new XS power batteries for some unknown reason other than it sat for a month

Chicken gets drunk and plays the stereo for who knows how long with the vehicle engine off, walks away from it with the key still on.

Even though he just has to plug a cord into the truck and charge it he never does.

He does not care, if its broke he says here is the money, sends it to Steve on a flatbed truck and fixes it.

So please get your facts straight before you start a rumor mill about something you dont know.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Hi,

First I would like to apologize for the experience you may have had. we want to make sure you are a satisfied customer in any situation. However, as far as the warranty is concerned, we are unable to warranty a battery if it has simply been used to its capacity. Unfortunately, people would like to take advantage of us if they knew anyone and everyone would be able to change out batteries for any given reason. This is why we have our return and evaluation policy in place. our policy is there to cover against manufacture defective situations. With that being said, I think the best course of action at this moment would be for you to charge the battery with the trick mentioned in a previous comment. a recovery charge from a PSC charger would be ideal. if the battery has only set for a short period of time, it is possible that you could bring it back. we would be happy to also do this service for you. we would just need to make an RGA. However, there is a possibility the battery is unable to be brought back and in that case you would be out shipping money to us and would have to purchase a new battery at a discounted cost.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the evaluation or about any situation you may want to discuss. I would be happy to help. Here is all of my contact information

Chris Miller

[email protected]

[email protected]

865-688-5953

Edited by chris@xspower
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3