Second Skin Audio

SoundofLife

Ladies and Gentlemen, audiophiles alike, I am driving a Corolla as my first car and of course i hurried into a system. Right now I have 2-P2D4 12"s in a ported prefab box. The amp powering it is a R5001xd that is 500 watts at 2ohms. The subs are 400 watts RMS. I use a stock head unit, with a Pioneer X4800BS in my closet until I can get the insides (that'll be like $200) to hook the baby up. For a month now I've been looking at subwoofers to replace the ones I have. I want to spend less than $2500. I prefer to stick with Rockford Fosgate but am open to suggestions. The 2 12s do bang, but they don't bang as hard as I wished they did. They disappoint me so that instead of going up to P3 I was thinking maybe a T1 15 but I don't think two of those will fit in my car. Can anyone shed some light onto me and some ideas maybe? Also, how much would YOU pay for someone to build a box in your trunk to accommodate 2 15s? Rockford does have a T2 13 that takes 2000 watts RMS but the monster runs for $1,299. The T1 12s are 800 Watts RMS but that doesn't seem like a big enough jump for me (that would be a 400 watt jump on each). Anything is appreciated people! Thank you.

If budget is the issue, Rockford is not for you. There are plenty of other brands out there that are every bit as good as rockford for less than half the price. Big subs on big power doesn't have to cost a shit load if you build it right.

I don't mind spending the money on the rockford. Ideally I want my whole car to have rockford aftermarket enhancements

Archived