Audiocontrol matrix plus line driver

So I have a old unit pioneer deh 6000ub. Has not let me down so far. I have a Lanzer opti700x2 pushing four 10" crescendo pwx and a 4ch RF r600x4 pushing tweeters and front speakers. Still no bass but that's coming, In my old system which was not this big, I had an audiocontrol matrix line driver hooked up which cleaned out noise and gave me a lot of more volume. Never had to put the radio over 30-35.

After hooking up the new system everything is good. problem im having now is that the amps are alittle over the 1/2 gain but the radio volume is raised higher to get loud. I'm talking about 50-55. So I went and installed my audiocontrol line driver and it helped big time but im now getting a lot of noise, static and I can hear the volume clicking when turning up and down. Also a very loud pop when I lower the volume to 0 or shut off the car.

Can someone suggest where my problem might be? I have the remote wire from the headunit straight to a relay which is powering my amps and fans. This is how I had it hooked up before.

Turn the amp gains down and the line driver output up.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Ok so paying alittle more close attention to the system in the car, i think i have a ground issue. I hear some shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or static and also theres a tiny pop sound when lowering to 0. I will check the ground and follow up.

After that if you still have issues you will want to set your gains properly with a DD-1 or O-scope. Gains all the way down on the Matrix and amp. Find HU's clipping level if any. Keep volume at clean signal and turn Matrix up to max clean sign before distortion then set amp gains to clean signal. Easy with the right tool and all could be done with a DD-1 of amp output.

Good luck, i hoped this help and you get rid of the issues. Audio Control makes good products but can introduce noise into the system if not powered and ground right. And gain turned up to high.

Not much help but i'll share this,

I'm feeding my matrix+ a 2.25v (manu. spec.) signal from a HRT istreamer into the front ch. input and i have the internal jumpers set to give me a rear and sub out from the front channel in.

Set it all with a DD-1 @ -10dB and i'm having 0 issue's.

Wonder if switching the ground isolation jumper inside the matrix (neo - "whoa") to a different position might help you OP?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

I have both my amps hooked up to a thin metal behind the rear seats. Paint is shaved and area nice and shinny but i beleive theres better grounds like chassis? Car is 05 crown vic by the way

Ya check alt, Battery, HU, Matrix & amp grounds. I know the LC7 i ran in 3 vehicles, the 2nd & 3rd time it ran flawlessly. First time was noisy due to grounding and gains not being set right. I owe a DD-1 and its only real tool you need for setting gains on HU, DSP, Line Drivers and amps. Honest;y i have used mine about 7 times but the ease of it makes it worth every penny.

A quick update. Ive been super busy but was able to dedicate alittle time to the car system.

I started off by setting the gains by useing the directions in the manual of the matrix and noise is still there(horrible hissing) and very loud pop when turning radio off and lowering volume to 0. This is how i set the matrix in my last system and worked flawlessly.

I then bypassed the acc relay and still nothing. Played around with the rcas and nothing. My last thing is to play with the grounding.

Archived