DD-1 issue no 40hz detect

JerryLZ

Hey guys, I just received my DD-1 and I found my headunit clips at 40/40 so I'm using 39 as my high volume number.

I managed to set both the front and rear channels on my Sae50.4 no problem as well.

Now my monoblock (SCV-2000) I'm having trouble with.

I have the probes in the terminals as the booklet says.

I tried all of the tracks just for troubleshooting reference. (Tracks 3,5,7)

The problem is, Initially the DD1 distortion light is constantly strobing and I'm not able to detect a 40hz signal light. The signal light is on but no 40hz detect light.

If I turn the gain all the way up then the distortion light stops blinking and goes solid but still no 40hz detect.

My headunit which is a Pioneer Avh170, I turned the EQ to flat, loudness off, no filters etc my amps level knob is set right at 50% like the handbook says. The only thing I didn't touch on my headunit is source level adjuster and theres also a option for SUB LEVEL but I had that on 0.

Not really sure what else I could do. The amp works fine considering I've been powering 2 X8's off of it but if I'm missing something then I don't know what.

Note: I should also add I turned my headunit volume into the low 20s and the distortion light was still blinking.

Try probing the negative speaker terminal. Sometime mine won't detect signal on the positive output.

I did that also. No different effect, it actually still did the same with the blinking distortion light and no 40hz. I even reversed my RCA inputs which doesn't make sense but I tried to troubleshoot every way I could think.

I would turn your bass knobs to max and try again

This, if your running one,.. id also double check your amps low pass filter. If your not getting a signal, no need to even fuck with the gain yet.

the sundown knobs are remote gain iirc yes?

I would turn your bass knobs to max and try again

This, if your running one,.. id also double check your amps low pass filter. If your not getting a signal, no need to even fuck with the gain yet.

the sundown knobs are remote gain iirc yes?

no idea to be honest........ but it needs to be up if hes running one for sure......

Double check amp settings turn to all pass or crossover off

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Its a PAC level control knob. The SMD book says to put it right at the halfway mark but I'm going to play with it tomorrow after work when its not raining and see if turning it up does anything for me. Also going to play with the sub level setting on my headunit as well, does that seem like something that might affect me not getting a signal?

Archived