Sonic Electronix

Hi all,

My dad recently got a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500. We took the system out of his old truck and we are now trying to install it in this new one. It is just a very simple setup with 2 amps 1 for the sub and one for the mids. We don't want to change out the headunit or factory amp we just want to add to they system he already has. What we are unsure of is what color wires go to the door speakers and which ones go to the factory sub. If anyone has done anything like this please let me know what wires you used it would be greatly appreciated. I would attach pictures of what I am working with but I am n()()b and haven't figured that out yet.

I am using a LOC. But I was wondering if anyone has done this before and what speaker wires they used coming out of the amp. Factory Radio has Nav. Bluetooth, all the options. The bose amp mounted to the back wall also has a sound cancellation plug going into it. I am unsure why that plug is going into the amp because the truck has the 5.3L engine and from what I have found on other forums the sound cancellation isn't implemented unless you have the 6.2L engine.

I am using a LOC. But I was wondering if anyone has done this before and what speaker wires they used coming out of the amp. Factory Radio has Nav. Bluetooth, all the options. The bose amp mounted to the back wall also has a sound cancellation plug going into it. I am unsure why that plug is going into the amp because the truck has the 5.3L engine and from what I have found on other forums the sound cancellation isn't implemented unless you have the 6.2L engine.

What model is the truck? Is it pretty loaded? Alot of times you find weird stuff when you get a heavily loaded truck.

Ex. If its the denali they might have added it in even without the 6.2l option

What model is the truck? Is it pretty loaded? Alot of times you find weird stuff when you get a heavily loaded truck.

Ex. If its the denali they might have added it in even without the 6.2l option

It is just a Sierra 1500 fully loaded but does not have the Denali package. I found what wires to use this weekend for the mids and my sub. The mids sound amazing and add so much more to the truck. But what I haven't figured out yet is that when I turn it up to 3/4 to full volume the system sounds awesome but then when I turn it down to normal listening volume it's almost like the sub keeps the same volume and drowns the rest of the system out. The only way I could think of over coming this was using the min-max bass knob that came with RF Prime 500x1 amp.

Archived